Windows System Administrator
Job number: 1828
Location: Kittery, ME
Position type: Full-time
Trowbridge & Trowbridge is seeking a Windows System Administrator to join our outstanding team in Kittery, Maine.
The Windows System Administrator will provide exceptional customer service to the U.S. Navy Submarine Maintenance Engineering, Planning & Procurement (SUBMEPP) Activity as a member of the Information Management & Technology Department. Our team provides technical guidance and assistance to SUMBEPP’s world-wide workforce by monitoring, maintaining, upgrading and optimizing numerous mission-critical applications and systems.
- Set up user, administrator, and service accounts. Manage application accounts and permission levels (groups / users). Identify inactive accounts, deny them access to applications, and delete them according to schedule.
- Conduct daily system interface runs and data backup functions.
- Tune system performance, and allocate mass storage space.
- Install software, system patches, and apply Department of Defense Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs).
- Administer Host Based Security System (HBSS), e.g. McAfee Agent and ePolicy Orchestrator (EPO).
- Performs complex system upgrades and network configuration tasks.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues. Interview users in person and over the phone. Conduct technical research and analysis (Level 3 Support). Identify root cause of problem. Develop and implement solution. Perform quality assurance testing. Document actions.
- Develop, monitor, and improve written policies, standards, and work procedures.
- Evaluate and recommend hardware and software purchases.
- Provide network engineering support, firewall support, SFTP management, switch/router maintenance/management, processing for network equipment, administration of communications for DoD network security and compliance, hardware and software performance evaluations, installs or upgrades and vendor interface for outages and network procedure development.
- Focus on eliminating information technology problems.
- Strong customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly learn complex systems and apply knowledge to assist customers.
- Experience researching problems and finding solutions. Knowledge of industry standards and best practices.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task, and work in a fast-paced team environment with system, network, and application administrators, DBAs, and software developers.
- Self-confident working independently during off-peak hours.
- Windows Server 2012 and 2008
- Virtual Server Management/Troubleshooting
- Cisco Environment Deployment/Management/Troubleshooting
- Active Directory
- Access Control Lists (ACLs)
- Able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Preferred skills and experience:
- NetApp Virtual Storage Appliance
- Navy/Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) network
- At least 3 years experience as a Windows System Administrator.
- US Citizenship.
- Final Secret security clearance.
- CompTIA Security+ (CE) or Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) or Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) or higher certificate.
- Current technical certificate, e.g. Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows Server 2012 certification.