Position Title: Wine Steward
Department: Wines and Spirits
Supervisor: Assistant Branch Manager/Branch Manager
FLSA: Non-exempt (Paid by the hour)
Responsible for receiving product and ensures that aisles/freezers and refrigerators are stocked, labeled, clean and delivered product is packed out, and proper customer service is provided.
- Must know and comply with all State and Local laws regarding the wholesale of alcohol (beer, wine, liquor, and spirits).
- Demonstrate wine and spirits knowledge to see to customers in the branch
- Ensure proper customer service and work with Field Marketing Representatives, Branch Manager and department managers to develop relationships with large customers and sign up new accounts.
- Enforce license limitations by only selling to customers the items they are licensed for.
- Enter customer license information into JSS and maintain database of customer contact information.
- Ensure that payment methods are in compliance with State and local regulations. (For example: NYS does not permit credit cards as a payment method.)
- Build and maintain floor displays
- Maintain clear and accurate record of in store use of product
- Maintain accurate prices of product
- Maintain shelves well stocked and organized.
- Post POS signs, pricing, sales and when possible calendar of events.
- Communicate inventory needs
- Work in different locations as needed.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- High School Diploma OR GED with at least 4 years experience in customer service, OR any appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, and general public
- Effective communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to company values and strong customer orientation.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Ability and availability to travel on a frequent basis
- Computer Literacy
- Lift/Carry Abilities (measured for maximum or average load)
- Lift – 50 lbs
- Carry strength (50' or less) – 50 lbs
- Frequent lift/carry (> 12x/hour) – 50 lbs
- Constant lift/carry (> 30x/hr) – 20 lbs
- Physical Aptitudes (rated based on level of skill involved)
- Agility/dynamic balance 80-100%
- Finger dexterity – 80-100%
- Manual dexterity – 80 – 100%
- Posture Tolerance (rated based on frequency or time involved)
- Stand/walk – constantly
- Reach above shoulder level – frequently
- Twist/turn head – occasionally
- Bend over/stoop – frequently
- Climb steps/ladder – occasionally
- Kneel/squat - occasionally
- Equipment in motion (forklifts, electric pallet jacks, scooters)
I fully understand the responsibilities and qualifications required for this job. Furthermore, I find that I am capable of performing the required functions.