Manage within company standards and best practices complex and problematic high visability workers' compensation claims within delegated limited authority to determine benefits due, work closely with case managers and attorneys; manage subrogation and negotiate settlements to ensure specific customer requirements to achieve the best possible outcome in the claim.
Essential Job Duties:
- Receives claim, confirms policy coverage & acknowledgement of claim
- Determine validity & compensability of claim by investigating & gathering infor, file necessary documentation with state agencies
- Establish reserves & authorize payments within reserving authority limits
- Develop and manage well documented action plan with case manager, attorney, supervisor & client to reduce overall cost of claim
- Coordinating early return to work efforts with case manager & employer
- Negotiates settlements when necessary
- Actively manage the litigation process
- Identifies potential subrogation claims
- Communicate claim status with customer and claimant
- Adhere to client guidelines & participate in claim reviews as needed
- Develops & maintains professional customer relationships
- Four year degree at an accredited college or university preferred
- Three years of Worker Compensation lost time claims management required
- Excellent oral, written communication skills & customer service
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Effective analytical & interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of the entire claims administration, case management, & cost containment solution as applicable to Worker Compensation
- Municipality experience preferred
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CorVel will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.