X-ray Technologists - part time - all days, all hours (hours of operation are weekday 7am to 7pm and weekends 8am to 4pm) and all locations (FWB, Navarre, Destin and Bluewater Bay)
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs diagnostic imaging operations. Supports the Objectives and Philosophy of White-Wilson Medical Center.
- Consistently produce diagnostic radiographs while maintaining patient safety by utilizing established techniques and procedures.
- Properly select and operate radiographic equipment to the satisfaction of the department manager.
- Assure that the completed exam is submitted with all required paper work complete to the Radiologist for interpretation.
- Assist the doctor in the administration of contrast agents.
- Be responsible for the completion of assigned tasks without constant supervision.
- Be alert to the needs of the patient.
- Practice sterile technique when required; use necessary precaution to prevent cross contamination.
- Be knowledgeable in a variety of technical procedures with independent judgment, with ingenuity and initiative.
- Be proficient in Electronic Medical Records (EMR) related duties.
- Be proficient in making/creating discs or hard copy films.
- Be familiar with troubleshooting and problem solving with PACS related issues.
- Assist the Radiologist with fluoroscopic and other examinations as required.
- Be or become proficient in venipuncture.
- Know how to order supplies for department.
- Be available for weekend duty as required by the director to assure proper coverage of the department.
- Participate in in-service education and maintain the required number of annual CEU's for state certification.
- Maintain quality control.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Consistently displays a positive attitude and a personal commitment to excellence.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Current registration - ARRT from an AMA approved school and Florida license.
- Minimum one year experience in a broad based radiology department.
- CPR certification