The Yardi Accountant is responsible for the preparation of monthly reporting for managed properties.
- Must be extremely proficient in Yardi software.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with clients, managers, property accountants, employees and other departments.
- Oversee accounting for a portfolio of managed properties coordinate closely with clients and property accounting team to ensure revenues and expenses are recorded and allocated accurately and submitted timely for financial reporting.
- Calculate and post monthly, quarterly and annual accruals.
- Perform monthly closing duties.
- Prepare financial statements and review for significant discrepancies to either correct or explain.
- Verify the accuracy of period-end data; provide explanation for variances to budget and prior year.
- Prepare and present financial statements to Management. Management includes general manager, regional operations team, etc.
- Research and investigate inquiries presented by properties, regional operations managers and/or owners.
- Research and provide documentation to Management for internal and external auditors.
- Perform special projects or other tasks as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Yardi Expert – be able to create reports in Yardi a must!
- Accounting or Finance degree preferred.
- Real estate, restaurant or multi-unit accounting experience preferred.
- 2 – 5 year experience
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Able to work in fast-paced environment