My Life My Choice is a leader in the fight to end commercial sexual exploitation and is the only anti-human trafficking organization in Massachusetts employing a survivor-led model proven effective in helping youth leave harmful situations and build new lives for themselves. We work to prevent the exploitation and/or re-victimization of adolescents through Survivor Mentoring for high risk and exploited youth; Prevention Education groups in schools, group homes, juvenile justice facilities, and community programs; as well as through professional trainings for service providers and law enforcement so they are equipped to identify red flags of exploitation and help youth get the appropriate supports. Since 2002, My Life My Choice has reached over 2,500 girls and over 13,000 providers, in Massachusetts and nationally.
The Youth Engagement Coordinator is a brand new full time position at My Life My Choice. As part of My Life My Choice’s strategic plan, we aim to expand and deepen service provision to youth enrolled in our successful and growing Survivor Mentoring Program in Eastern Massachusetts. The Youth Engagement Coordinator is critical to these efforts and will be responsible for further developing and overseeing an intensive case management program at My Life My Choice; maintaining a caseload of mentees for intensive case management; administrating and coordinating logistics for mentee group work; and working closely with the Survivor Mentoring team to ensure wraparound support for all mentees. The Youth Engagement Coordinator will report to the Clinical Director and will supervise one case manager and one case management intern.
Essential Job Functions
- Further develop, implement, and monitor the Intensive Case Management program for My Life My Choice mentees.
- Provide Intensive Case Management to a caseload of mentees in collaboration with Survivor Mentors and youth services staff.
- Work in collaboration with Survivor Mentoring team to support the creation of Intensive Case Management plans for all mentees.
- Provide leadership and administration in coordinating and monitoring My Life My Choice group work for mentees.
- Provide supervision to GRoW (Girls Reaching Womanhood) Coordinator who oversees our new program for transition-age youth.
- As a member of the My Life My Choice Clinical Team, support the development and implementation of expanded clinical support for mentees.
- Coordinate logistics and administration for a range of mentee services.
- Oversee billing reimbursements to various service providers.
- Build and maintain relationships with community organizations and businesses to enhance educational, employment, and enrichment opportunities for mentees.
- Expand and collaborate with community services to ensure appropriate supports for mentees.
- Conduct training or community outreach as needed.
- Attend supervision meetings with Clinical Director as well as staff meetings and regular trainings.
Relevant Skills and Experience
- 2+ years working with trauma-impacted adolescents.
- Experience working with commercially sexually exploited youth preferred.
- Ability to create positive working relationships within multi-disciplinary team.
- A personal interest in, and commitment to, working with adolescent girls.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to build and manage relationships with community organizations and partners.
- Positive attitude and belief in the hope of recovery from commercial sexual exploitation for adolescent girls.
- Certification as LMHC, LCSW or LICSW
- Driver's license, ability to use own vehicle to transport youth as required
- Some travel within Eastern Massachusetts required
- Some evenings required
- Survivors of commercial sexual exploitation encouraged to apply
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with experience. This position includes medical, dental, vision, 401K with company match, company sponsored pension plan, life insurance, generous personal time off package, tuition reimbursement, long and short term disability, opportunities for continued education/training and more.
Candidates should send resumes and cover letter to: Hiring Committee at or 989 Commonwealth Ave., Boston, MA 02215