Salary Range: as of 4/1/18 – Starting salary of $867/week with annual step increases for two years to $918/ week.
Benefits: State pension and contributory life insurance, with payroll deductions, is required.
Schedule: Full time position based on 35 hour work week, Monday through Friday. Two night meetings per month. These hours are flexible on the week a meeting is scheduled.
Work Location: Operates from Community Development Office – Room 104.
Reports to: Community Development Director
- Oversee intake of all Planning Board, Zoning Board, Site Plan and Zoning Permit applications.
- Insure applications are complete.
- Review and approve/decline zoning permit applications in a timely manner.
- Insure legal notices are properly written, advertised and applicants are aware of their notification responsibilities on a timely basis.
- Insure Engineer and departments get plans, review them and return reports on time, including any applicable HPC reports.
- Meet with people who need to make applications to the Planning or Zoning Board and/or arrange for them to meet with the Engineer and/or Solicitor.
- Deliver package to board members prior to meeting.
- Insure applicants get copies of all reports and know what meeting to attend, including HPC applications in front of either board.
- Contact Engineer and/or Solicitor for zoning or land use advice.
- Communicate with applicants, complainants and violators.
- Attend all Planning Board, Zoning Board, Site Plan Review Committee meetings and any sub-committee meetings requested by the boards.
- Prepare auditorium for all meetings, including ensuring the sound and recording equipment is in proper working order.
- Prepare all meeting minutes in a timely manner.
- Arrange for periodic training programs for Planning and Zoning Board members.
- Maintain computer permit logs for permits and applications.
- Greet customers, hand out forms and answer office phones.
- Assist Community Development Director as needed.
- Assist in developing or reviewing easy to understand brochures for business and residents concerning requirements and procedure for various topics dealing with the Community Development Office.
- Review and recommend updates for the Borough website related to Planning and Zoning matters.
- Assist in preparing the reports and other documents.
- Associates Degree – minimum, Bachelor’s Degree desired
- Degree or training or experience in Land Use Planning required
- Expertise, education and/or training in writing for business
- Expertise and/or experience in computer applications, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communications ability
- Ability to quickly learn legal issues related to job
- Excellent organization ability
- Ability to work with others as a team
- Good health and dependability
- Willingness to attend multiple evening meetings each month