Accounts Payable Position Needed in Welcome, NC!!!!
This Accounts Payable position will be responsible for accounting functions by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Data entry of invoice information for payment processing.
- WA (trade) keying-Assist Accounts Payable with WA (trade) payables. Trade payables requires deadlines for discounts and check writing to meet vendor obligations
- Data entry of drop shipment invoices for payment processing.
- Once the invoices have been billed, invoices need to be entered into the payables system for payment processing within of receipt to meet invoice due date and month end deadlines.
- Freight Auditor
- Audit freight weekly for incorrect freight variances, additional freight charges that need to be billed to customer that PPA.
- Monitor PPD customers for expedited freight charges that would increase their annual freight charges for the Year at the expense of the company. Work with the traffic Manager to reconcile customer freight charges. Work with ISE to resolve any customer freight issues in a timely manner..
- Credit and rebills are billing applications that need internal adjustments before the bills are sent to the customer. These Credits and rebills need to be validated before processing. They are to be handled each business day promptly.
- Bank Statements
- Reconcile the Fifth Third bank statement by the end of the month. All journal entries must be approved and posted by Month end. Any outstanding variances must be identified and resolved by the following month.
- Journal Entries
- Journal Entry posting are all entries posted to the ledger throughout the month. All journal entries will require back up, a reason for the entry and two signatures for verification. The journal entry number on the form must coincide with the numeric entry in the system.
- Sales Tax Support
- Back Tax Specialist. Assist ISE or any other department when needed with tax rates or sales tax exemption Certificates. Learn to enter the certification into Avalara (tax based system). Answer questions when needed in Melinda’s absence.
- Front Office Coverage
- Assistance the front office when needed with breaks, lunches and in team member’s absence.
- Answer the switchboard in a polite and informative manner.
- Answer any Walker visitors with a positive, professional attitude.
- Assist with mail distribution. Stairs is a requirement of this job.
- Restock all conference rooms with refreshments and clean/clear the conference rooms daily/weekly.
- Assist with the mail machine, Fed Ex and UPS deliveries. Notify associates of their mail/packages.
- Assist with any other duties brought to you by the HR team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Proficient in Excel and PeopleSoft
1-3 years Accounting experience