Cargill Protein is a leader in beef, turkey, egg, pork and chicken products for the retail, foodservice and food manufacturing sectors. Based in Wichita, Kan., Cargill Protein employs nearly 27,000 people and operates approximately 60 facilities in the U.S. and Canada, including processing plants, cooked meats facilities, hatcheries, feed mills, feed yards, distribution centers and an innovation center. Additionally, Cargill Protein works with joint venture partner Teys Bros. to produce and market Australian beef. Leveraging its expertise in operations excellence, supply chain management, consumer insights, risk management and innovation, Cargill Protein is focused on delighting its customers and helping them succeed. It is committed to profitably grow its protein business through acquisitions, organic growth of its existing portfolio and partnerships.
Cargill Protein brands include Sterling Silver Premium Beef, Honeysuckle White and Shady Brook Farms turkey products, Castlewood Reserve and Charter Reserve deli meats and cheeses, RUMBA, Angus Pride, Blackwell Angus, Excel, Ranchers Registry and TNT Burgers. The group has sales offices throughout North America and in key international locations. Its products are sold in many nations around the world, in addition to North American markets. Cargill Protein is a leader in food safety, animal well-being, sustainability, workplace safety and giving back to communities where it has a presence.
Cargill has an exciting opportunity for a Professional Accountant located at our Springdale, AR location. This position will support two AG Managers as well as the Breeder, Hatchery, and Grow Out managers with accurate operational results, expense management, capital project management, operational performance analysis, ensuring the necessary control framework is in place in regards to grower payments and breeder accounting activities. This position will be a vital support role for the MTech system and interfaces to the JDE environment. Other duties will include inventory management, yearly budget setting, partnering with production management to identify areas where efficiency gains can be captured, and projects as assigned. This position will report to the Agriculture A & F Lead located in Springdale, AR and must be able to be self-driven and motivated for success.
40% Fiduciary & Controls
• Leads day-to-day accounting operations required to support the business, including but not limited to grower payments (in accordance with GIPSA) and managing interfaces from source system.
• Applies a substantial and broad understanding of the business to conduct standard financial analyses of the balance sheet to ensure proper controls over financial reporting
• Monitors and measures compliance to the internal global control framework
• Be a champion of internal controls by maintaining awareness and analyzing processes to identify any fiduciary risks.
30% Business Partnering
• Partner with operations to provide insights into weekly operational metrics such as Live Cost, Inventory, Labor, and Overhead
• Analyze data to identify areas for improvement and challenge results.
• Provides thought leadership that identifies and implements process simplification, standardization and improvement
• Leads annual planning for locations and work with operations to develop and analyze key budget inputs
15% Assist in closing the books for all AG locations.
• Support the Finance function and local management with any assigned projects.
5% Assist in preparing commitments and analyzing payback for CI projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting OR 5 years finance experience in lieu of finance degree
• Minimum of 1 year of plant experience or equivalent other experience
• Excellent Working experience with Microsoft Excel
Abilities / Success Factors
• Excellent Interpersonal Skills
• 5 years or more plant experience
• Cost Accounting Experience of 1 year or more
• A good understanding of reporting tools and database tools
• Knowledge of Power BI
• MTech and/or SAP experience
• Ability to lead meetings on financial as