- Manage and supervise hourly employees, schedule and direct workforce. Ensures area is properly staffed/ crewed to meet operational needs.
- Coordinates maintenance employee’s responsibilities and oversees mechanical equipment
- Process maintenance downtime reports
- Assign work orders or special projects to maintenance employees
- Maintain department budget within specified guide lines
- Track Time and attendance for payroll
- Responsible for meeting volume goals, reducing claims, maximizing yields, reducing costs and employee retention
- Conducts pre-operational inspection, and handles maintenance concerns of Production Supervisors to ensure operation begins as scheduled
- Conducts safety meetings and safety audits
- Provides technical, mechanical, and/or electrical assistance throughout shift
- Knowledge of PM’s
- Delegates training procedures to maintenance employees
- Assign projects to appropriate maintenance personnel
- Maintains good working relationships with the Union, USDA, and maintenance employees.
- Manage job changes/ rotations
- Good communication skills.
- Mechanical inclination and knowledge of job specifications
- General knowledge of machinery associated with the industry
- Strong mechanical and electrical skills
- Strong trouble shooting skills, with the ability to make quick decisions
- Knowledge in electrical, hydraulic, welding and some PLC training
- 1-2 years proven supervisory experience; preferably in a manufacturing or production environment but not required
- People management skills