Please note that this is a 1 year contract position.
Shift for 11pm – 7am (night shift)
- Min. 1 year of experience.
- Read blueprints.
- General map .
- User measure instruments.
- Working knowledge of press and process fundamentals.
Education: min. High school Diploma
The main function of a Molding Operator is to operate molding equipment to produce quality parts. A typical Molding Operator is also responsible for equipment inspection, packaging, completing daily logs and other related duties.
• Perform all necessary functions to operate injection mold and auxiliary equipment. (cleanout, general PM etc.)
• Complete blowdown of waterlines after press stoppage or end of order
• Shutdown and purge machines after production run
• Responsible for keeping accurate production records and reports
• Performs visual, manual and view inspection of product
• Mix/dry materials prior to use per recommendations
• Weigh, count and record all production and scrap generated
• Pre-stage raw materials as needed to prevent production delays
• Make process changes within pre-established parameters
• Monitors machine and process controls to maintain efficient operation
• Maintain safe and clean working environment
• Set up, adjust, troubleshoot and maintain auxiliary equipment/machines
• Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
• Basic knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Basic ability to read blueprints.
• Basic knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number A564.
Molding / Casting Worker