AAA Tow Driver / AAA Light Service/Battery Driver
- Ability to interact with tact and courtesy and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Basic sales ability – increase customer understanding and desire for needed and available automotive products and services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic automotive diagnosis and repair.
- Knowledge of geographical area and ability to read street maps.
- Commercial Driving Experience preferred greater than 1 year
- Ability to pass a DOT physical and maintain a DOT Medical Card.
- Must enjoy working outside regardless of weather conditions.
- Valid Class E Driver’s License and clean driving record required
Evaluate customer service needs and provide approved services including but not limited: automotive ‘first aid,’ lockout services, battery diagnosis/sale/replacement, and extrication/transportation of disabled vehicles.
Properly invoice customers for prescribed services and handle commensurate cash/check/credit transactions. Reconcile daily activity with deposits.
Will operate a variety of larger service and towing vehicles up to 26,000 G.V.W.R. including ‘wreckers’, ‘flatbeds’, etc.
Willingly to work outside in a variety of weather elements typically along the roadside.
Adhere to departmental guidelines for insuring that service vehicle has the necessary inventory of batteries, hardware, tools, and test equipment.
Light Service/Battery Driver
- Qualified candidates will have strong customer service background and sales ability.
- Be able to meet/exceed battery and service sales expectations.
- Be able to meet/exceed battery testing/VIN scanning expectations.
- Be able to perform all service calls according to fleet safety protocols to avoid damages to vehicles or injury.
- Be able to operate all company vehicles in a safe and lawful manner at all time.
- Any combination of education/experience that support competencies.
- High school diploma or equivalent general education diploma.
- Prefer 1- 2 years of proven towing experience with diagnosis, repair and/or Auto Trade School or other formalized training or vocational training in Automotive Technology.
All offers of employment are conditional pending a favorable drug test result, background check and MVR check.
If you are looking for a career opportunity, it’s easy!