AAA Tow Driver
Do you have a passion for providing exceptional customer service and providing exceptional experiences for those you service? Wonderful; this is the career for you!
If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to join a fast paced organization then you have come to the right place. AAA is a member service organization with offices across the U.S., we’re united by common mission and common values of excellent member service. AAA has more than 11,000 employees in 21 states; we provide legendary service to 14 million loyal members. Our membership is constantly growing; we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization.
- Ability to interact with tact and courtesy and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Basic sales ability – increase customer understanding and desire for needed and available automotive products and services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic automotive diagnosis and repair.
- Knowledge of geographical area and ability to read street maps.
- Team work – Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building positive morale.
- Commercial Driving Experience preferred greater than 1 year
- Interest and desire in equipment and or the towing field.
- Interest and desire in driving larger vehicles up to 26,000 G.V.W R.
- Ability to pass a DOT physical and maintain a DOT Medical Card.
- Must enjoy working outside regardless of weather conditions.
- Adhere to departmental guidelines for insuring that service vehicle has the necessary inventory of batteries, hardware, tools, and test equipment.
- Evaluate customer service needs and provide approved services including but not limited: automotive ‘first aid,’ lockout services, battery diagnosis/sale/replacement, and extrication/transportation of disabled vehicles.
- Operate service vehicles in a safe and lawful manner.
- Meet or exceed association Automotive Quality of Service standards relative to fleet services.
- Properly invoice customers for prescribed services and handle commensurate cash/check/credit transactions. Reconcile daily activity with deposits.
- Maintain excellent daily records in compliance with local DOT regulations.
- Will be operating a variety of larger service and towing vehicles up to 26,000 G.V.W.R. including ‘wreckers’, ‘flatbeds’, etc.
- Will be working outside in a variety of weather elements typically along the roadside.
- Any combination of education/experience that support competencies.
- High school diploma or equivalent general education diploma.
- Prefer 2 years of proven towing experience with diagnosis, repair and/or Auto Trade School or other formalized training or vocational training in Automotive Technology.
Specific to Fleet/Tow Technician: Providing towing services to members when their vehicle experiences a breakdown or collision event. Must also be able to provide light service, road-side ‘first aid’ to member vehicles including but not limited to: tire changes, lockout services, jump-starts, battery replacements, fuel delivery and winch out / vehicle extractions.
- Good customer service skills – able to manage difficult or emotional customer situations, respond promptly to customer needs.
- Be able to perform all service calls according to fleet safety protocols to avoid damages to vehicles or injury.
- Be willing and able to be trained to learn the operations of a flat-bed/rollback style tow truck with an 18′-22′ bed as well as wheel lift designs.
- Performing the loading, transport, and unloading of member vehicles following a breakdown or collision.
- Be able to meet/perform physical demands of the job.
- Be able to operate all company vehicles in a safe and lawful manner at all time.
- Missouri Class E Driver License or equivalent and a clean driving record are required.
Compensation: $14 an hr. plus Lucrative and regular Monthly Bonuses/Incentives/OT
Health Coverage for Medical, Dental and Vision
Paid Time Off (Vacation, Illness, Holiday and Flex Days)
- Pension, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, wellness incentive program
- Life Insurance
- Disability Coverage
- Robust Employee Reward/Discount Program
All offers of employment are conditional pending a favorable drug test result, background check and MVR check.
If you are looking for a career opportunity it’s easy!
Equal opportunity employer (EOE)