ABA Therapist / Registered Behavior Technician
Our Mission: Changing lives. One child at a time. One professional at a time.
Part-time IN HOME Positions available in: Dundalk and surrounding Baltimore County areas!
As a leading ABA therapy provider, Verbal Beginnings offers a supportive atmosphere that promotes professional growth and learning by offering training opportunities, partnerships with universities, supervision hours, team building, and company events.
This is a part-time role working with clients diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in their homes, under the direct supervision of a BCBA (Board Certified Behavior Analyst). Schedule dependent on client availability and location.
Responsibilities of the ABA Therapist / Registered Behavior Technician (RBT):
• Work 1:1 with individuals aged 2-18 diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
• Provide 1:1 ABA therapy in home and community based environments.
• Implement individualized treatment plans developed by BCBA Clinical Supervisors.
• Collect data to monitor the progress and effectiveness of the individualized treatment plan.
• Provide regular written and verbal progress updates on treatment goals.
• Support the BCBA Clinical Supervisor with training families on implementing treatment plans.
• Participate in team meetings and training workshops.
• Maintain a high level of professionalism including appropriate clothing, timeliness, and communication.
Qualifications of the ABA Therapist / Registered Behavior Technician (RBT):
• Bachelor's Degree or 48 credit hours towards a Bachelor's in Psychology, Education, or a related field (preferred, not required)
• Hands-on experience working with children with autism or other developmental disabilities
• Experience working with children with behavior problems preferred
• Experience working in an in-home setting preferred
• Must have valid driver’s license, valid car insurance, and have personal reliable transportation
• Availability to work at least 3 afternoons / evenings per week (3:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m.), 5 evenings preferred
• BLS or CPR certification and/or willing to obtain certification
• Existing certification or commitment to pursue a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certification through the BACB. This training will be provided with an expectation of completion within 90 days of employment.
Benefits to working as an ABA Therapist / Registered Behavior Technician (RBT):
- Competitive Pay
- We provide market competitive compensation including performance-based bonuses.
- Professional Development
- We provide monthly workshops, extremely detailed training with regular check-ins to ensure mastery and comfort levels, access to online courses and professional development, detailed mentorship programs, and opportunities for promotion and growth as you work towards your BCBA and beyond!
- We are a company devoted to the dissemination of evidence-based ABA that is open to new ideas for growth from all our employees, and believe in promotion from within our team. Let us know what your goals and areas of interest are so we can help you grow!
- We are a cohort and practicum site with many schools, including The Chicago School of Professional Psychology. Through these partnerships we offer tuition reimbursement and scholarships! If you are working towards or want to get your BCBA- we will provide the support needed to obtain supervision and practicum hours.
- Health Benefits
- We provide access to health benefits for employees working over 20 hours per week, including Medical / Dental / Vision.
- 401(k) Plan
If this opportunity sounds interesting to you, don't wait! Apply today. Opportunities are available based on schedule availability, location and distance to cases, and your ambition in the field of ABA.