ABOVE RESTAURANT LEADER (ARL)
The Above Restaurant Leader (ARL) provides overall leadership and accountability for approximately 10 corporate owned Long John Silver's restaurants. The ARL works closely with the Director of Operations to develop strategies for the region to enable each Restaurant General Manager (RGM) to exceed the annual operating plan established for the area.
The successful ARL is able to
- Identify key business issues within individual restaurants affecting performance; and influence decisions, align resources, take immediate action and hold others accountable to commitments; and
- Drive outstanding reliability, product quality and financial performance for individual restaurants within a corporate organization to drive consistent same store sales and transaction growth, $1.5MM, AUVs and 15% restaurant margins.
The ARL accomplishes these objectives by actively engaging in the support, coaching and direction of RGM and other crew members as needed on a day to day basis. Focal points include:
- Establishing and reviewing store specific performance targets in guest satisfaction.
- Improving sales and customer satisfaction.
- Maintaining company standards in food safety, product and facility specifications.
- Allocating limited budgets to meet highest priority needs.
- Reinforcing new products and initiatives.
- Selecting, training, developing and motivating RGM and crew members.
- Evaluating for compliance around national brand promotions.
- Visiting restaurants frequently.
The ARL may directly perform hands-on operational work as necessary to train new RGM and crew.
- 5 - 7 years' experience as a proven Area Supervisor in QSR
- Relationship management; ability to successfully influence and build trust with varying styles and personalities
- Strategic approach to driving reliability, superior operations and financial performance
- Understanding of restaurant operations
- Proven ability to drive results through influence and shoulder to shoulder coaching around success routines and brand standards
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
While performing duties of this role, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; talk and hear to communicate with employees; and taste/smell. The employee is frequently required to handle, feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this role include peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee is occasionally exposed to cooking fumes. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.