AC Hotel, managed by Evolution Hospitality, is seeking a Beverage and Food Manager.
The AC line of hotels is a design-inspired line of hotels that has been tailored for the discerning guest that gets inspired by timeless modernity and harmony. At AC Hotels, the goal is to create a space that brings the culture of the location alive for the guest while allowing the guest to focus, be present, and connect with others. You can learn more about this exciting premium select-service brand at www.ac-hotels.com .
As Beverage and Food Manager, you’ll be responsible for overseeing and directing the daily operation of the AC Lounge and the meal spaces.
Key responsibilities of a Beverage and Food Manager include:
- Leading the team in a way that ensures that the team has the resources, expertise, and relevant local information to connect guests to their passion
- Ensuring the team has the training and skill-set to deliver European style service…the type of service where guests don’t feel rushed and are allowed to experience the AC Lounge in comfort and style
- Supporting the entire Food and Beverage operation including supervising other areas if necessary, handling special projects, running promotions, handling public relations and marketing
- Assisting team in their job duties as necessary
- Acting as a liaison between kitchen and front of house employees and operations
- Interviewing and selecting new team members
- Training and developing team members
- Communicating effectively, giving direction, support, timely feedback and recognition of performance
- Working quickly and independently to resolve operational and/or guest issues when necessary, ensuring proper follow through with appropriate manager(s)
- Communicating pertinent information to team by conducting monthly department meetings and organizing and conducting pre-shift meetings on a consistent basis
- Evaluating work procedures, reviewing standards, identifying methods for increasing efficiency or effectiveness and responding proactively to any needs that have arisen
- Developing and implementing cost saving and profit enhancing measures
- Monitoring labor costs on a daily basis
- Ensuring par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering and retrieving supplies and stocking shelves
If you’re an experienced, high energy beverage and food professional, you just might be the candidate that we’re looking for. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in a hotel or restaurant environment
- A minimum of 1 – 2 years of beverage and food management experience
- Ability to take initiative and ownership to resolve problems
- Ability to manage a diverse workload, prioritize and delegate in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and react to changes in volume
- Knowledge and experience with forecasting, budgeting, labor management and purchasing
- Ability to analyze, forecast data, and make judgments to ensure proper payroll and production control
- Ability to analyze and solve problems in a timely manner, efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision and work flexible hours as required including mornings/nights/weekends/holidays
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
- Ability to obtain any required licenses or certificates that may be required by state or local agencies (for example, Serve Safe certification or Food Handler’s permit)
- Must have a valid alcohol awareness certification or be capable of obtaining certification
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Preferred & Required Experience:
You’ll Really Catch Our Eye If You….
- Have prior experience working in an AC brand hotel or lifestyle category of hotel
About Evolution Hospitality:
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.