TriStar Skyline Medical Center, in association with the TriStar Nashville Medical Education Consortium, is seeking an Emergency Medicine Residency Program Director to develop a new Emergency Medicine Residency Program. This exceptional opportunity will span 4 HCA hospitals in Nashville- Skyline Medical Center, Centennial Medical Center, Summit Medical Center and Hendersonville Medical Center. These facilities offer state of the art care for all patients, encompass well over 1000 inpatient beds, and have a combined total of more than 200,000 pediatric and adult emergency encounters annually. Additionally, Skyline Medical Center offers an American College of Surgeons Verified Level II Trauma Center.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated leader to have input in building a program from the ground up!
- Must be Board Certified in Emergency Medicine by the American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Prior experience as a Program Director or Associate Director preferred
- Have previous leadership / administrative experience
- A minimum of 3 years of participation as faculty member in an ACGME Emergency Medicine program, with GME administrative experience.
- Be willing to combine Administrative and Diagnostic (teaching) Responsibilities (70/30)
- Have strong administrative and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Current clinical activity in emergency medical services
Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations are highly encouraged to apply.
HCA is the nations top-performing health system and largest provider of graduate medical education. HCA Graduate Medical Education is one of the largest providers of residency and fellowship training programs across the nation. With more than 200 programs across 21 specialties, 43 hospitals, and 14 states, HCA GME is building the leading network of innovative, patient-centered graduate medical education communities. HCA hospitals currently train more than 3,100 residents and fellows and, we will increase that number to over 6,800 by 2022.
HCA is a national network of locally managed healthcare facilities. Our purpose is simple: to make the world a healthier place by delivering the best healthcare to our patients. We do this by giving our physicians a voice in how we staff, equip, and create the best environment to deliver great care. Our national network also allows physicians to collaborate and learn from each other on an unprecedented scale. It also facilitates an environment where residents can thrive and faculty can grow.