Brody School of Medicine - Greenville
Academic, Family Medicine
NOT ACCEPTING CANDIDATES FROM SEARCH FIRMS FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
The Department of Family Medicine, East Carolina University, in Greenville, NC, is seeking a BC/BE Family Medicine physician at the rank/title of Clinical Assistant Professor or higher.
ECU’s Brody School of Medicine Ranks No. 2 in US for Sending Grads into Family Medicine
The Department of Family Medicine at ECU, Brody School of Medicine, is a nationally recognized leader in Family Medicine education. The Family Medicine Department, located in a 120,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility, provides a wide variety of comprehensive primary care services for all age groups to include: procedural skills, obstetrical care, nutrition services, counseling and psychological support in an integrated care model.
Opportunity Highlights include:
- Join a Family Medicine Department of 31 physicians; 4 Sports Medicine, 4 Geriatrics, 8 provide OB services
- Responsible for supervising and teaching residents, medical students, and other learners
- Strong emphasis on teaching and patient care in both the ambulatory and inpatient setting, with opportunities to develop administrative and scholarship skills
- Clinical practice experience with OB skills preferred
- On-call responsibilities will also be assigned for regular schedule and designated holidays on a rotating basis
- Fixed-term or tenure track faculty position
- Comprehensive Benefits
The School of Medicine provides accredited education programs for medical students, residents and fellows, doctoral students in the basic medical sciences, and practicing physicians. The hallmarks of these programs are close-faculty student interaction, experiential learning, and development of students’ ability to continue learning even after they leave the formal educational setting. Our education programs are consistent with our missions of enhancing generalist training and offering opportunities in medicine to minority and disadvantaged students.
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, Vidant Medical Center has been designated a Magnet® facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
If you, or a colleague, is interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact JoAnn Barnhill at (252)847-3591 or firstname.lastname@example.org.