Brody School of Medicine - Greenville
Family Medicine, Academic
NOT ACCEPTING CANDIDATES FROM SEARCH FIRMS FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
The Department of Family Medicine, Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, seeks a board certified Family Medicine or Med/Peds physician to serve as the Medical Director and practicing physician for the Firetower Medical Office, an established family medicine clinic located off ECU’s main campus.
Administrative responsibilities include oversight of the Firetower Medical Practice with direct supervision of four physicians, three Advanced Practitioners and a Clinical Social worker. The position is fixed term with rank determined by experience.
Greenville is located 80 miles east of Raleigh, NC and 80 miles northwest of beautiful Atlantic Beach, NC.
Opportunity Highlights include:
- Physician will provide comprehensive medical care to patients in the ambulatory environment of the Firetower Medical Office
- Clinical responsibilities account for 80% of time and administrative responsibilities account for 20% of time
- The position reports directly to the Chair of the Department of Family Medicine and works with the Clinical Services Director of the department, Medical Director of ECU Physicians and other key leaders of ECU The Medical Director will ensure the provision of high quality, customer focused patient care.
- Rotating Saturday clinic responsibilities
- Opportunities to work with medical students in the clinical setting as well as participate in teaching sessions at the Brody School of Medicine
- Dedicated MA support and 4 RN’s within the practice
- On-site behavioral health counselor
- System-wide integrated EMR – EPIC
- The Firetower Medical Office is a division of the Brody School of Medicine Family Medicine Department
The School of Medicine provides accredited education programs for medical students, residents and fellows, doctoral students in the basic medical sciences, and practicing physicians. The hallmarks of these programs are close-faculty student interaction, experiential learning, and development of students’ ability to continue learning even after they leave the formal educational setting. Our education programs are consistent with our missions of enhancing generalist training and offering opportunities in medicine to minority and disadvantaged students.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
If you, or a colleague, is interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact JoAnn Barnhill at (252)847-3591 or email@example.com.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.