Brody School of Medicine - Greenville
Academic, Pulmonary Disease
NOT ACCEPTING CANDIDATES FROM SEARCH FIRMS FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
The Department of Pediatrics, at East Carolina University's Brody School of Medicine, is seeking a BE/BC pediatric pulmonologist to join their established team. The successful candidate will provide clinical care at the James and Connie Maynard Children's Hospital at Vidant Medical Center and provide medical education for medical students, residents, and fellows.
Job Highlights Include:
- Academic employment by East Carolina University
- Hospital privileges at Vidant Medical Center, a 974-bed level-1 trauma center and tertiary referral center
- Established division of 2 physicians
- Active outpatient clinic with an expanding Cystic Fibrosis program
- Consultative services within the James and Connie Maynard Children’s Hospital at Vidant Medical Center
- The James and Connie Maynard Children’s Hospital is a 206,499 square foot 198-bed facility that provides highly specialized services including pediatric intensive care, neonatal intensive care, kids immunosuppressed specialty unit, specialty care nursery, and pediatric ECMO services among others
- 24/7 children’s emergency department
- Large 29-county referral network with excellent opportunities for outreach
- Fixed term or tenure track positions available
- Competitive compensation and benefit package including relocation stipend
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Medical degree from an appropriately accredited institution
- Board Certification in Pediatrics and BE/BC in Pediatric Pulmonology
The James and Connie Maynard Children’s Hospital, located on the campus of Vidant Medical Center, is designed to care for children from newborns to 18 years of age (and up to 21 years of age is patient is being followed by a pediatric physician). The 206,499 square foot 198-bed facility provides highly specialized services including a pediatric intensive care, neonatal intensive care, kids immunosuppressed specialty unit, specialty care nursery, mother-baby unit, pediatric ECMO services, 24/7 children’s emergency department, acute dialysis and continuous renal replacement therapy, pediatric radiology, pediatric rehabilitation, general surgery, cardiovascular surgery, neurosurgery, and craniofacial surgery. The James and Connie Maynard Children’s Hospital at Vidant Medical Center is a designated Children’s Miracle Network hospital, placing it among the nation’s top children’s facilities.
The School of Medicine provides accredited education programs for medical students, residents and fellows, doctoral students in the basic medical sciences, and practicing physicians. The hallmarks of these programs are close-faculty student interaction, experiential learning, and development of students’ ability to continue learning even after they leave the formal educational setting. Our education programs are consistent with our missions of enhancing generalist training and offering opportunities in medicine to minority and disadvantaged students.
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, Vidant Medical Center has been designated a Magnet® facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. , The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. , Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. , Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play! ,
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
If you, or a colleague, is interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Steven Mitchell at (252)847-2038 or Steven.Mitchell@Vidanthealth.com.