Join a rapidly growing academic psychiatry department and a rich group practice in Southeastern Wisconsin with a multi-disciplinary team which includes academic psychiatrists, nurses, nurse practitioners, social work, psychologists, and other ancillary staff. Opportunities available include providing inpatient (consults), outpatient psychiatric care within our community division, consultation liaison, and/or integrated behavioral health.
Administrative leadership opportunities are also available commensurate with experience.
- Board Certified or actively seeking Board Certification in Psychiatry
- Eligible for medical licensure in Wisconsin
- Interest in pursuing a career in academics to include teaching and research
- Join a family-friendly department with a highly collegial work environment which offers great quality of life
- Opportunity available to be embedded in one of our sub-specialty clinics as well
- Take advantage of opportunities regularly provided to teach and/or research diverse patient populations of interest
- Strong referral system with an already established patient base
- Psychiatric pharmacist on-site
- System-wide integrated Epic EMR system
MCW is a private, freestanding medical school that is widely respected as an academic center of excellence for the education and training of physicians and scientists, development of graduate and undergraduate medical education programs, basic and translational research, and distinction in multidisciplinary clinical programs. It is ranked as one of the nations top 50 academic research institutions, with the Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Medicine ranked #40 in extramural research in the country.
Milwaukee is the cultural and economic center of Wisconsin with a population of just under 2 million people. Located on the beautiful west coast of Lake Michigan. The city boasts a very reasonable cost of living and a four-season climate. Milwaukee is home to three major sports teams, many shopping centers and malls, and a variety of county parks in addition to a beautiful lakefront. Milwaukee offers an excellent ballet, opera, and symphony. An outstanding zoo provides enjoyment for the entire family. Summer music festivals on the lakefront are among the largest in the nation. - Excellent public schools as well.