Academic Support Staff, Academic Enrichment @ The J
The Roth Family JCC of Greater Orlando
851 N Maitland Ave.
Maitland, FL 32751
The Roth Family JCC is seeking Academic Support Staff to join the team of our new Academic Enrichment @ The J program for children engaged in distance learning.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Academic Enrichment @ The J, the Academic Support Staff professional serves as the proctor in a designated study space and assists children with their online education. This is a hands-on position working with children in grades K-12 who are participating in distance learning programs and working independently in our Maitland, FL, facility. The ideal candidate will be dynamic, high-energy, organized, and caring.
- Supervision of children in an assigned study space (up to 8 children per study space).
- Assist children (K-12) in understanding academic curriculum.
- Individually work with each child to ensure academic success in all classes.
- Reinforce an environment of learning.
- Encourage children to think critically about various concepts.
- Provide support to improve academic outcome in homework and projects.
- Present information about progress to parents as assigned.
- Report and record any accidents or incidents to supervisors
- Enforce all policies and procedures set by the Assistant Director
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Supervision of children in the study space.
- AA degree in Education or teaching certificate
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in education or tutoring
Required Attributes and Competencies
- Good judgment in decision making; display initiative, enthusiasm, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexible, willing to take appropriate risks, and able to adapt to the changing needs of the agency and community.
- Good organizational skills and follow through.
- Resolve conflict and differences in a positive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, bend, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds (safety/weight belt provided, if requested). Specific vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is a typical climate controlled office environment and the noise is usually moderate.
Travel may be required.
Varies by which program's students you are supporting:
- Part-time: Orange and Seminole Virtual Schools; 3.5 hours per day (8:30 am - noon), 5 days a week, $20 per hour + complimentary individual JCC membership.
- Full time: LaunchED (Orange County) and Seminole Connect: 40 hours a week, $13 per hour + complimentary JCC membership.
The JCC is an equal opportunity employer to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental handicap, or veteran status.
Since 1973, The Roth Family Jewish Community Center of Greater Orlando in Maitland has been the center of Jewish life in Central Florida and home to award-winning preschool, after school, summer camp, fitness, sports, arts and community programs.