We all have dreams. Dreams of making a difference in the world. Of challenging ourselves. Of achieving more. Of forging relationships on the job and in our lives. Here at Lyman Lumber, our goal is to be the best while being committed to helping our employees make their dreams come true. Lyman provides endless opportunities for growth in the company. The company is built on excellence � both in the services and supplies we provide to our customers, our working environment, and the opportunities we provide to our employees. If you are a self-starter, with an entrepreneurial spirit, and are looking for a challenging career with endless opportunities for growth, consider joining the team at Lyman Lumber and Affiliated Companies. The rewards of joining our team go above and beyond great wages, benefits, and career paths. Build your dream �and make a difference in the world.
Deliver the dream
At Lyman Lumber, we�re not only in the business of selling building materials. We�re also helping to create and deliver the promise of someone�s dream. That�s why our sales force is so important�they are the front face of our entire company. The work itself includes not only sales, but also following the order through the process to on-site delivery. In other words, it�s about building relationships with our customers and multi-tasking all that comprises the scope of a project. If you can think on your feet and like to be a part of a team that solves solutions, there�s lots of room for professional growth for you at Lyman. You can be sure that your own dreams are fulfilled along the way too.
Assist with customer sales and outside sales representatives by providing product and/ or customer sales information. Provide qutes and product dimension information, both in person and over the phone. Handle special orders and advanced pricing.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding product selection, placement of orders, requests for prices and quotations, complaints and scheduling of deliveries and installations, and providing customer follow-ups.
- Initiates telephone calls to customers to generate sales.
- Coordinates purchase and delivery of special products. Obtains information on pricing specifications, uses and availability.
- Codes and inputs customer orders, pricing information and additional data into the computer system.
- Creates sales tickets.
- Maintains stock levels on the sales floor and in the stockroom.
- Operates and balances cash register daily.
- Researches credits, returns, and late payments as needed.
- Complies with Company�s attendance policy by maintaining regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned by location management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum education required� High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum experience preferred� 1 year in building material industry with basic knowledge of product and application
- Special skills required� Ability to operate computer, calculator & cash register. Knowledge of building supplies, applications, related equipment, and/or construction industry. Good interpersonal and customer relations skills and excellent oral and written communication skills. Should be familiar with inventory and inventory control.
- Confidentiality requirement--
- Must be able to walk throughout yards, plants and offices.
- Physical demands include the ability to lift 25lbs. on a consistent basis and 50 pounds or more on a random basis. Bending stooping or sitting for long periods of time.
Why ABC Millwork & Cabinetry?�
- Earn a comptetive wage
- Hours are Monday - Friday, may vary slightly seasonally
- Overtime opportunities
- Opportunity to grow your career!
- Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, FSA, 401k, Time off, and more!