Access Control Security Specialist/ Watchstander - Columbia, Maryland.
Since our beginnings in 1999 as an IT network operations services company, ZENETEX has been focused on building our business based on the core principles of integrity, expertise, teamwork and unsurpassed quality service. We have always put the customer and employee first. We choose to empower our people and to trust them to make experience-based decisions for our clients. With this simple philosophy, we have become a trusted business partner of both federal and commercial clients. “Because Service Matters” is our corporate cultural philosophy that brings total focus to both our employee and customer.
ZENETEX specializes in management and technology support services for a variety of federal agencies and commercial organizations. We have an opportunity for a highly qualified Access Control Security Specialist/ Watchstander to support multiple efforts at a customer site in Columbia, MD. Qualified individuals will be responsible for providing access security within the secured facility. This position will require the ability to watch for irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations. These candidates will also be responsible for verifying and coordinating all visitors entering the office and maintaining information in the database.
**This position requires an active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Occupy visitor desk and provide 24 hour support working an eight and a quarter ( 8.25) hour shift, day, evening or night shift
- Monitor CCTV system, watch for irregularities and report suspicious activity or emergencies to Lead CPSO
- Investigate alarms and work with FSO on resolving Alarm System malfunctions
- Sound the alarm in cases of emergencies and notify the necessary personnel and/or authorities
- Perform all visitor access procedures including, developing daily access lists, greeting visitors, validating visitor identity, issuing visitor badges, and coordinating visitor activity
- Complete and maintain all visitor logs and databases. Conduct and log random entry/exit inspections inventory badges at shift turnover, and provide discrepancy reports
- Responsible for identification badge system: creating badges, enter new personnel in systems and issue proximity cards, remove personnel as needed, run reports, notify FSO of malfunctions, review daily alarm reports, maintain system printer
- Maintain the DMP alarm system and update logs to show users or delete users, enter or remove personnel from the DMP alarm box as necessary
- Develop, maintain, and train personnel in facility opening and closing procedures
- Issue Datawatch cards to personnel, track cards and update logs when issued and returned
- Conduct random patrols around the facility
- Request assistance when escorting requires more than one escort
- Assist in wrapping material per JAFAN requirements
- Assist with security administration, preparing security material/documents
- Safeguard customer property
- Perform escort duties as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain records accurately
- Ability to react appropriately in emergency situations
- This position will require U.S. citizenship and an active Top Secret/SCI with SSBI within 4.5 years
ZENETEX is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.