Various (Days, Evenings, Nights, and every other weekend req
7:30am - 4:00pm
REPORTS TO: Director of Facilities, ACS, and EVS
Under the supervision of the Director of Facilities, ACS / EVS, the Access Control Staff Supervisor is responsible for ensuring all Access Control Staff (ACS) are maintaining department guidelines with regards to dress code, appropriate daily documentation in department binders, daily staffing, monitoring of leave request, as well as duties of Access Control Staff Team Lead Trainer, ACS I, ACS II and ACS III - including securing and patrolling health centers in accordance to Unity Health Care requirement. The incumbent monitors entrancing and exiting of the facilities as well as patient/guest/staff safety, and maintains crowd control, preventing disruptions at health centers, securing restricted areas and promoting customer service.
· Supervises all Access Control Staff (ACS).
· Assist ACS Team Lead Trainer with coordinating ACS daily binders for correct documentation.
· Assist ACS Team Lead Trainer with ensuring ACS uniform/dress attire is according to policy.
· Develops the departmental staff schedule to include on –call schedule for staff.
· Coordinates and schedules all ACS work assignments.
· Schedules staff leave request (sick, vacation, etc.).
· Conducts Interviews /hiring, evaluation, and, when necessary, the discipline of all AC Staff.
· Assists ACS Team Lead Trainer in the preparation of for all AC Staff Meetings (coordination of presenters, information and materials).
· Serves as the departments Safety Officer Liaison on Unity's monthly Safety Committee, and will then forward all information to ACS at their monthly meetings.
· Serves on the site audit team for safety issues to be reviewed and corrected with ACS.
· Assist ACS Team Lead Trainer in maintain a log on all ACS regarding their due annual training and guidelines review.
· Keeps abreast of and attends seminars on revisions and changes to various standards and codes.
· Assists in the implementing and evaluating a quality improvement plan for ACS.
· Coordinates ACS coverage for special events (i.e., foundation events, fairs, etc.).
· Inspects entrances and exits, restricted areas, outside building areas, and monitoring of parking lots.
· Maintains a smooth flow of traffic into the facilities.
· Opens and closes the health centers daily.
· Observes and reports suspicious behavior or activities in the interior and exterior of the facilities to designated staff/MPD.
· Handles problems and refers patient complaints to the appropriate staff in a calm, courteous, and timely manner.
· Diffuses volatile situations quickly in accordance with polices and directs others to the appropriate supervisor.
· Provides special directions and/or information to patients/guest in regards to handicapped seating/access, procedures for lost and found articles, restroom locations, and specific health center information.
· Keeps railings, walls, aisles, stairs, and other areas free of congestion.
· Monitors for building adherence to rules (i.e., with regard to smoking, food/beverage, cell phone use).
· Checks facilities before, during, and after events for damages and lost articles.
· Monitors the safety and fire compliance of the facilities and reports hazards or safety issues to the appropriate person.
· Serves as the safety officer for the respective health center.
· Serves as the initial entry point for patients/guest at the facility, directing the patients/customer to the appropriate area.
· Is on call during off hours to respond to any ACS operational needs
· Recommends (to the Director of Facilities, ACS, and EVS) staff members for training.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· High School diploma or Equivalent.
· Minimum of 3 years previous security-related experience preferred.
· Previous customer service experience in a related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Ability to read and follow verbal and written instructions.
· Ability to interact with employees and the general public in a positive and professional manner.
· Ability to provide instructions to patients/guest in regards to building policies in a professional manner.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time, climb stairs, inspect the facility and handle emergency situations.
· Ability to lift objects.
· Ability to handle stressful situations for guest and personal safety.
· Available to work days, evenings and weekend hours on occasion.
This position will report to the Director of Facilities, ACS, and EVS.
The position abides by all rules and regulations set forth by applicable licensing and regulatory bodies, as well as UHC policies and procedures.
This position requires contact with staff at all levels throughout the organization. There are also external organizational relationships that may be part of the work of this individual.
The work is typical office work nature. However, some walking, bending and the carrying of light items is required
Refer to the ADAchecklist.
The position involves everyday risk and discomforts, which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meetings, training rooms, and other UHC health Care Sites. The work area is adequately lit, heated, and ventilated. The position requires contact with staff at all levels throughout the organization. There are also external organization relationships that may be a part of the work of this individual. All medical services shall be provided according to medically accepted community standards of care. The employee shall provide evidence of a recent (within the past twelve (12) months) health assessment that includes a PPD and/or chest x-ray results.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.