7:30am - 4:00pm
The Access Control Staff is responsible securing and patrolling health centers in accordance to Unity Health Care requirement. Monitoring entrancing and exiting of the facilities, monitoring patient/guest/staff safety, maintaining crowd control, preventing disruptions at health centers, securing restricted areas and promoting customer service.
· Inspects entrances and exits, restricted areas, outside building areas and monitoring of parking lots.
· Maintains a smooth flow of traffic into the facilities.
· Opens and closes the health centers daily.
· Observes and reports suspicious behavior or activities in the interior and exterior of the facilities to designated staff/MPD.
· Responsible for assuring the completion of sign in sheets daily.
· Handles problems and refers patient complaints to the appropriate staff in a calm, courteous, and timely manner.
· Diffuses volatile situations quickly in accordance with polices and directs others to the appropriate supervisor.
· Provides special directions and/or information to patients/guest in regards to handicapped seating/access, procedures for lost and found articles, restroom locations and specific health center information.
· Keeps railings, walls, aisles, stairs, and other areas free of congestion.
· Monitors for building adherence (i.e., smoking, food/beverage, cell phone use).
· Checks facilities before, during, and after events for damages and lost articles.
· Monitors the safety and fire compliance of the facilities, and reports hazards to safety to the appropriate person.
· Serves as the safety officer for the respective health center.
· Serves as the initial entry point for patients/guest at the facility, directing the patients/customer to the appropriate area.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum of 2 years of previous security related experience preferred.
· Previous customer service experience in a related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Ability to read and follow verbal and written instructions.
· Ability to interact with employees and the general public in a positive and professional manner.
· Ability to provide instructions to patients/guest in regards to building policies in a professional manner.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time, climb stairs, inspect the facility and handle emergency situations.
· Ability to lift objects.
· Ability to handle stressful situations for guest and personal safety.
· Available to work days, evenings and weekend hours on occasion.