- JOB SUMMARY/PURPOSE
- Responsible for accurately and productively analyzing Physician and Facility accounts under the guidance of higher level Account Analysts. Identifies and forwards problem accounts for the purpose of resolution. Trains for higher level Account Analyst roles while learning SHS policies and procedures.
- DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION
- The Regional Business Office is responsible for the accurate and timely follow-up on claims for services provided at all lines of business in all service locations.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College preferred.
- One (1) year collections, finance/accounting or medical billing experience required.
- One (1) year medical business office experience preferred.
- Experience or training in the following preferred:
- EPIC Software.
- ICD-9 or CPT.
- Medical Terminology.
- Confidentiality: Knowledge of the importance of confidentiality.
- Communication: Communicate information verbally and in writing so others will understand.
- Customer Service: Ability to communicate to people internal and external to the organization and to represent the organization to customers, the public and external sources.
- Problem Solving: Ability to identify problems and review related information using logic and reasoning to evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Team Building: Ability to wok as part of a team or on your own.
- Basic knowledge of policies and procedures related to the resolution of accounts.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
(1 - 10% of the time)
(11 - 33% of the time)
(34 - 66% of the time)
(67 – 100% of the time)
CLIMB - STAIRS
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Knee to chest: 24"-54") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Waist to Eye: up to 54") 0 - 20 Lbs
CARRY 1-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
CARRY 2-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
BEND FORWARD at waist
KNEEL (on knees)
WALK - LEVEL SURFACE
ROTATE TRUNK Standing
REACH - Upward
PUSH (20-40 pounds force)
PULL (0-20 pounds force)
ROTATE TRUNK Sitting
REACH - Forward
MANUAL DEXTERITY Hands/wrists