- Develop and execute sales plans (effectively utilizing Miller-Heiman sales methodology) to identify, qualify, pursue and close new development opportunities (using Scotwork Negotiation Skills Methodology) within an assigned region (current customers and/or prospects) to achieve revenue and new business objectives.
- Work with legal to execute appropriate and negotiate complex development and supply agreements (using Scotwork Negotiation Skills Methodology).
- Present Catalent’s Development and Analytical Services capabilities knowledgeably and effectively with customers, and craft specific targeted solutions that meet customers’ manufacturing and development needs; Present Catalent’s broader capabilities knowledgeably and effectively with customers, in order to generate cross-sell opportunities and craft value-added solutions for customers across technologies.
- Collaborate with VPBD’s, Global Account Directors, and other Business Units BD teams in the construction and execution of their strategic account plan(s), if applicable.
- Provide business and overall relationship management support to existing development programs. Responsibilities may include the negotiation of new development supply quotations, support specific sites on business/commercial (where applicable) issues and support of R&D groups to structure proposals as programs move through various stages of development to commercialization.
- Ensure compliance with reporting processes and tools, and maintain open communication throughout the organization, especially in regard to cross-site and cross-business unit customer efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in the scientific area required. Science-related MS, Ph.D. or MBA (with science BS) preferred Professional Project Management Qualification preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of drug development/analytical requirements including preclinical and clinical stages.
- Proven track-record of developing strong relationships, establishing new clients, and closing business in pharmaceutical service-based market segment.
- Demonstrated success in ‘consultative selling’ in a regulated environment.
- A clear understanding of customer informational databases and metrics to define success in selling services to Pharma clients
- Exceptional selling, organization, negotiation, and communication skills; Experience in developing and negotiating complex contracts specifically.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills; Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
- A diverse, inclusive culture
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Educational assistance/reimbursement
- 19 days’ Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Employee discount programs
- Robust Employee Referral Program
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career!
Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.
Visit www.catalent.com/careers to explore career opportunities.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to DisabilityAccommodations@catalent.com. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.