We’re in search of our new Account Director, and if you are a business owner with a track
record of building strong client relationships and high-performing, multi-disciplinary teams,
we want to talk to you. The right person to join our team will not only understand our client’s
business, but will be a daily part of why it works. From business acumen and a passion for
analytics to your past success leading large CPG accounts, you will show your omni-channel knowledge within the retail and commerce landscape and continue to evolve the team and the business.
But the business is just the beginning. The right candidate will also show a thorough
understanding of today's consumers and the behavior and communication that will help us to
reach them successfully. That’s where your entrepreneurial spirit, results-driven mentality
and relentless focus on how to solve problems will come into play. From partnering with your
client and helping them to grow the business to bringing innovation forward, and learning
from each success and failure, you will connect the dots others can’t and lead in the way
Bring your strong agency and client contacts at all levels and your profitability credentials to
the team that will help you and our clients stay at the top of their game, while bringing the
results and client satisfaction that iconic brands need to thrive.
What You'll Do
Strategic Business Stewardship
• Provide strategic leadership to both clients and internal agency teams and help to
identify growth opportunities and action plans for client’s marketing communications
• Don’t settle for the status quo, look for ways to do things better and more efficiently to
serve the needs of internal and client teams
• Propose disruptive ideas and strategies to capitalize on new opportunities and
influence decision making
• Partner with clients to determine business objectives, strategies and goals; partner
with agency departments to meet those goals
• Leverage expert knowledge of client business issues and industry/category to provide
key intelligence on business direction and how to maximize agency’s role
• Deep understanding of how to optimize story (strategy) /doing (content) team’s
• Develop and maintain meaningful and productive client relationships at all levels to
ensure that strategic recommendations and creative deliverables surpass client
• Initiate on-going communication with clients to manage and align expectations,
ensure staffing resources and performance expectations are met and provide
• Contribute to the overall client financial management and establish and meet internal
client revenue targets.
• Provide proactive counsel on research findings, the external marketplace, competitive
pressures and brand influences to sell agency expertise, gain consensus on creative
ideas, and develop strategic initiatives
• Lead the development and delivery of innovative proposals to capture both account
growth and new business opportunities.
• Help lead new business efforts, as needed
• Identify new business opportunities for existing and prospective clients
• Proactively lead the business – day-to-day and beyond – with your creative, media,
strategy, and e-commerce lead partners
• Raise operational/financial red flags when needed
• Manage up to partners and heads of departments to flag concerns and opportunities
• Demonstrate leadership with an ability to manage cross functional teams, rallying the
team to see the end destination, course correcting where necessary and contributing
to shape the outcome with creative and strategy teams
• Communicate timely, relevant information to employees, as appropriate, so they
understand company performance, business direction and initiatives, and how they
contribute to and benefit from the Company’s success.
• Take ownership of personal actions and outcomes and encourage and empower
others to do the same.
• Drive change; demonstrate adaptability and foster an environment that encourages
open mindedness and flexibility in the face of ambiguity and change.
• Serve as a coach and mentor; provide coaching and feedback on specific skill
development and encourage employees to pursue upward and lateral growth
opportunities to enhance expertise and drive career development.
• Is an effective team member; supports the team by pitching in at any level and
effectively working across the organization to meet the needs of the business.
Our Ideal Candidate
• A seasoned marketer with entrepreneurial spirit and a successful track record of owning and growing lines of business
• Solid verbal and written communication skills, with advanced presentation skills
• A thorough understanding of customer contact management strategies and customer
relationship management (CRM)
• Successful track record of helping to establish marketing strategy, deploying program
initiatives, and leading/growing accounts to succeed in the marketplace
• High level of professionalism that instills respect and appreciation from clients, senior
management and teams under his/her supervision
• Contribute to a learning environment by initiating training and growth opportunities for all team members, with a focus on mentoring senior team members
• Contribute to agency-wide training and development activities on an as-needed basis
• Team player and team leader who is results-oriented, proactive and has a strong work ethic
• High level of maturity and judgment to represent the agency and client in a polished,
• Strong analytical skills with proven ability to integrate analytics into successful marketing
• Excellent Interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to motivate staff, peers and clients
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required; MA/MBA preferred
• 12+ yrs. relevant experience within an agency client service role
• Well versed in multiple marketing disciplines and channels (e.g., digital/interactive,
promotions, brand advertising, etc.). Shopper Marketing experience preferred.