Clarivate™ is a global leader in providing trusted information and insights to accelerate the pace of innovation. We offer subscription and technology-based solutions coupled with deep domain expertise that cover the entire lifecycle of innovation – from foundational research and ideas to protection and commercialization.
Today, we’re setting a trail-blazing course to help customers turn bold ideas into life-changing inventions. Our portfolio consists of some of the world’s most trusted information brands, including the Web of Science™, Cortellis™, Derwent™, CompuMark™, MarkMonitor™ and Techstreet™.
We employ 5,500 colleagues in more than 40 countries.
Clarivate is a public company. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker NYSE:CCC.
At Clarivate, we believe human ingenuity can transform the world and improve our future. That’s why we harness our global reach, curate our content, and invest in best-in-class technology and people.
Join the team that is improving the way the world creates, protects, and advances innovation.
At Clarivate Analytics, our clients are the trailblazers and risk takers who come up with life-changing ideas. We’re looking for our own trailblazers to help us keep providing clients some of the world’s most trusted brands, spanning scientific research, academic publishing, patent analytics, pharmaceutical intelligence and IP management.
We believe what we do matters. All over the world, decision-makers depend on us for the essential knowledge that can justify their strategies, promote outstanding research and business growth, and keep them abreast of the market. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. We work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference; we’ll bring a world of opportunities.
Main Purpose of Job:
The role of the Account Director is to manage and grow the Publisher & Associations (P&A) Sales business in the assigned territory. This position is responsible for the development and execution of new business and retention strategies in conjunction with the Global Sales Director for the P&A customer segment. The role will report to the Global Sales Director, Publishers & associations and have strong ties with the P&A segment within the Business Unit.
The successful candidate will be responsible for executing on the sales strategy for products such as ScholarOne, Web of Science Author Connect, InCites and Publons. Building relationships, both internally and externally, to ensure the business meets and exceeds its targets, is critical to success. The strategy should result in accelerated sales growth through new customer acquisition and maintaining strategic relationships with the current client base to build long-term customer loyalty and upsell opportunity. This is a great role for an entrepreneurial sales professional to capitalize on a strong brand and product base.
- Develop strategic relationships with key clients in the P&A segment
- Achieve the annual financial targets across the team for both retention and new business
- To manage the overall business through SFDC and ensure pipeline currency is maintained and timely, using this to report up to management as required.
- Extensive travel and representation of Clarivate Analytics at industry events
- In coordination with the Global Sales Director, drive revenue growth through the successful implementation of a territory planning process and the creation of key customer sales strategies
- Interpret regional economic and market trends as they emerge and work with the Global Sales Director to develop plans, programs, and sales initiatives that meet these changing market needs
- Build long term relationships with our most strategically important customers oversee strategic account plans.
- Deliver on business development initiatives in the Publisher and Associations market segment, such as Publons
- Be a role model for professionalism, collaboration, accountability, and upholding the company’s values and objectives
Knowledge, Skills and Capabilities Required:
- 3+ years of proven track record selling services, technology and information solutions to publishers and societies
- Proven ability to work well in a globally-matrixed environment, collaborate across multiple stakeholder groups and influence all levels within an organization in order to drive results
- Ability to manage and generate revenue from existing customers with a customer driven approach and good customer management skills
- Commercial acumen, with a proactive and creative approach to looking after the needs and concerns of customers
- Ability to foresee, interpret and rapidly respond to market changes by adjusting strategies and realigning priorities accordingly
- Has demonstrated ability to deal with the ambiguity and fluidity that comes with a business that is in transformation
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, presentation, management and training skills
- Proven ability to collaborate across multiple departments and influence at all levels, from end-users to C-Suite
About Scientific and Academic Research
SAR is the largest segment of our group and is undergoing an exciting and pivotal transformation from a portfolio of separate products to an integrated platform of interoperable solutions, with a focus on serving the researcher and providing cutting edge workflow and data & analytics solutions to the entire research community. This is part of the broader change underway at Clarivate Analytics as it evolves from a division of Thomson Reuters into a bold, entrepreneurial and independent company with growth and performance that outpaces the market.
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.