BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital and creative strategies to top organizations, companies, and candidates around the United States. Named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 190 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
Our clients are at the forefront of progressive work around racial justice and civil rights, low-wage worker advocacy, voting rights, economic security, the environment, affordable housing, human rights, LGBT issues, healthcare, education, money in politics and ending mass incarceration. We also represent some of the biggest clients defining the future of technology, urban innovation, lifestyle and real estate, architecture and those who are shaping the future of cities.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TEAM
In California, our Strategic Campaigns team works with labor unions, foundations, nonprofits and civil rights and racial equity groups on issues related to racial, economic and environmental justice. We help our clients improve the lives of working people, raise wages, address inequality in our economy and political system and hold some of the country’s largest corporations accountable to workers and communities.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking an Account Director. This position provides a unique opportunity to play a role on a talented and motivated team working on local issues in Los Angeles, issues and clients throughout California, and with major national progressive organizations on some of the highest-profile issues of our time.
Note: BerlinRosen's offices are currently closed and the Strategic Campaigns team is working remotely. This role is fully remote within the U.S., though will be based in Los Angeles, CA when we return to our offices (date TBD).
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As an Account Director on our Strategic Campaigns team, you will...
- Help set and advance the communications strategy for multiple high-profile client accounts
- Develop and oversee integrated campaigns that leverage public affairs, media and digital tactics to reach key audiences and achieve client goals
- Engage and maintain strong relationships with key reporters
- Write and edit persuasive external and internal documents such as press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, talking points, editorial board memos, and communications plans
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in strategic communications, media relations, advocacy, journalism, or a related field
- Strong news sense and knowledge of the media, particularly in Los Angeles and California
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Multi-tasks easily; has the ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while paying close attention to details
- Understands how to win issue-based campaigns to advance progressive values
- Understands organizing and advocacy communications, including social media campaigning, writing for the web (website copy, social media posts, articles etc.), local, state, or national politics, and how to engage with members of the media for both rapid response and long lead stories.
- Spanish language fluency
- Direct management experience
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role with excellence, including...
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement and a commitment to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company-sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company-sponsored Talkspace membership
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile phone reimbursement