JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Account Executive is responsible for building relationships within their territory, establishing and maintaining positive relationships with customers and referral sources, and responding to customer requests and concerns. Utilizes sales process to uncover customer needs and position themselves as a resource to provide solutions. The Account Executive is directly responsible for the growth and health of their defined territories.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge in the field of marketing and shares information with appropriate personnel.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with current and potential referral and payor sources to bring a greater understanding of the hospice philosophy and support patients and families that desire our care.
- Builds and monitors community, customer, and payor and patient perceptions of hospice as a high quality customer service provider.
- Provides leadership in strategic planning including identifying opportunities for additional or improved services to address customer needs.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of hospice markets including government agencies, major payor groups, key referral sources, and competitor’s market positioning.
- Leads excellent customer service maintaining a comprehensive working knowledge of community resources and assists ineligible customers in accessing care.
- Directs all daily sales operations including providing direct oversight of the establishment and implementation of sales initiatives.
- Continuously conducts market assessments and develops a comprehensive marketing plan designed to meet budgetary volume projections.
- Directs marketing and promotional initiatives to achieve targeted growth goals.
- Assists the Director of Business Development/Administrator/Chief Executive Officer in establishing organization volume projections in the annual budget to drive financial performance.
- Knowledge of and adherence to all policy and procedures.
- Maintains compliance by documenting accurately and timely within the organization’s electronic health record.
- Lives the Mission, strives to achieve the Vision and exemplifies the Core Values of the organization.
- Works toward exceeding chosen Pillar goals in the areas of Employee Satisfaction, Customer Satisfaction, Quality Service, Compliance, Growth and Financial Performance.
- Knowledge of and adherence to the employee Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- At least three years’ experience in health care sales preferred.
- Ability to sell appropriately and deal tactfully with customers and the community.
- Demonstrates good communications skills, negotiation skills, and public relations skills.
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
- Primarily frequent in nature with exerting up to fifty pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to twenty pounds of force frequently, and/or up to ten pounds of force constantly to move objects: reaching, lifting, carrying, handling, walking, sitting, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, and twisting. Position may require pushing and pulling up to 300 lbs. Frequent to continuous speaking, hearing, near visual acuity, far visual acuity, depth perception, typing and driving.