Sells and markets Lynden's services to existing and prospective businesses with emphasis on domestic and international revenue and market share growth by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for developing and managing new and existing accounts within a dynamic geographic territory.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the domestic and international transportation industry.
- Compile lists of prospective customers and leads based on information through cold calling using trade publications, directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Generate interest and sell services to current and potential customers.
- Prospect for new areas of business through networking within industry organizations.
- Grow revenue and market share within territory to achieve corporate sales goals.
- Qualify and analyze customer data to develop strategies to produce maximum profitable revenue and margin to meet required sales targets.
- Schedule and maintain weekly customer sales activities and events within assigned territory.
- Build customer relationships and foster company image through customer visits.
- Attend and contribute to weekly sales departmental meetings.
- Coordinates and confers with District Sales Manager and other personnel to achieve sales goals.
- Maintain required sales information and generate reports weekly through use of company automation tools.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Insight- Displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Customer Service-Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; meets commitments.
- Professionalism/Ethics-Reacts well under pressure; upholds organizational values; treats people with respect.
- Strategic Thinking-Analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Motivation-Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Dependability-Takes responsibility for own actions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Innovation- Displays original thinking and creativity; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience selling Freight Forwarding services (Domestic and International Air, Ocean) Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four year College or University a plus; or one to three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. High School/GED diploma required.
Ability to effectively use verbal and written skills to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volume, and calculate and apply concepts such as dimensionalized weight, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Strong analytical and quantitative skills. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Intermediate use of MS Office products and data base programs.
Able to travel both locally and overnight, including domestic and potentially international travel.
Must have leadership skills as providing leadership to company and contractor personnel is essential to this position.
This is a base + commission with a robust medical plan, paid time off and holidays.