Job Description Summary
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge in the field of marketing and shares information with appropriate personnel.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with current and potential referral and payor sources to bring a greater understanding of the hospice philosophy and support patients and families that desire our care.
- Builds and monitors community, customer, and payor and patient perceptions of hospice as a high quality customer service provider.
- Provides leadership in strategic planning including identifying opportunities for additional or improved services to address customer needs.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of hospice markets including government agencies, major payor groups, key referral sources, and competitor’s market positioning.
- Leads excellent customer service maintaining a comprehensive working knowledge of community resources and assists ineligible customers in accessing care.
- Directs all daily sales operations including providing direct oversight of the establishment and implementation of sales initiatives.
- Continuously conducts market assessments and develops a comprehensive marketing plan designed to meet budgetary volume projections.
- Directs marketing and promotional initiatives to achieve targeted growth goals.
- Assists the Director of Business Development/Administrator/Chief Executive Officer in establishing organization volume projections in the annual budget to drive financial performance.
- Knowledge of and adherence to all policy and procedures.
- Maintains compliance by documenting accurately and timely within the organization’s electronic health record.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- At least three years’ experience in health care sales preferred.
- Ability to sell appropriately and deal tactfully with customers and the community.
- Demonstrates good communications skills, negotiation skills, and public relations skills.
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.