Account Executive – Major Accounts
Sales & Business Development | Chicago, Illinois
Change the way customers and partners live and do business while helping them grow their top and bottom line with our transformative technology.
The Account Executive (AE) is responsible for developing and closing new business (use cases) in an assigned geographic territory. This AE will acquire new customers and sell additional use cases, products and services into existing accounts. Ultimately, the AE is accountable for exceeding monthly/quarterly quota, proactive deal management, forecast accuracy, and driving adoption/usage with customers and prospects in collaboration with internal teams and the broader DocuSign partner ecosystem.
Successful candidates will be highly motivated self-starters, eager to learn, determined to adapt quickly, and comfortable with some ambiguity. Strong cross-functional teamwork and proven success engaging various pre/post sales resources required; including Sales Development Representatives (SDR), Market Development Representatives (MDR), System Engineers (SE), Account Managers (AM), Partner Account Managers (PAM), Sales Managers (SM), as well as Legal, Security, Professional Services, and Customer Success & Support teams.
This position is an Individual Contributor and reports to a Regional Vice President of Commercial Sales.
• Be a driving force in the success of the company’s goals and objectives through achieving individual sales quotas.
• Build and manage a sales pipeline through prospecting efforts into geographic territory with the core verticals.
• Develop and deliver customized sales presentations and products demonstrations, by phone/ web-demo
• Develop and negotiate enterprise level proposals and contracts
• Accurately forecast sales activity and revenue achievement through proper use of sales tools
• Willingness and ability to travel as necessary, typically about 10%
- BS/BA degree in relevant discipline
- 5+ years of direct sales experience in an Account Executive role or equivalent quota-carrying role
- 3+ years in SaaS sales preferred
- Experience selling web-based products/services preferred
- Develop and negotiate enterprise level proposals and contracts
- Experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles
- Willingness and ability to travel as necessary, typically about 10%
- Track record of over-achieving quota (top 10-20% of company) in past positions
- Strong computer skills, including Salesforce.com, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Sales & Business Development @ DocuSign
Our technology is transforming the way our customers live their lives and do business. Our Sales team is collaborating with customers across the globe to help them leverage our technology to change the way they do business. Our Business Development team is partnering with some of the largest most innovative companies in the world and in their industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to an individual or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our product and strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
DocuSign® is changing how business gets done by empowering hundreds of thousands of customers and tens of millions of users in most countries around the world to sign, send and manage documents anytime, anywhere, on any device with confidence. DocuSign replaces printing, faxing, scanning and overnighting documents with the easiest, fastest, most trusted way to make every approval and decision digital. Organizations of all sizes and industries are accelerating contracts, approvals and workflows with DocuSign's Digital Transaction Management (DTM) platform and eSignature solution. DocuSign keeps life and business moving forward.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.