Logistics done differently.
You’re excited by the challenge of connecting with clients, building relationships and seizing opportunities. At XPO Logistics, we’re excited to connect with talented individuals who will focus on securing and growing top-tier strategic accounts. As the Account Executive, you will sell brokerage services to new and existing customers, focusing on your personal sales targets and new business development. You’ll find yourself immersed in a rapidly growing environment fueled by achievement and a tenacious team spirit. We’ll give you the support you need to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Independently search for, identify and develop leads through trusted sources and cold calling to secure sales and load volume to meet/exceed goals
- Negotiate with established and developing customers to secure profitable rates and ensure client satisfaction
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the industry, including rates, carriers, load capacities, equipment types, etc.
- Collaborate with team members to secure the terms of sale, including negotiating rates, identifying carriers, utilizing specialized equipment, etc.
- Follow established procedures and protocols regarding all loads to ensure the integrity of the shipment and the XPO brand
- Update internal tracking and reporting systems throughout the day to maintain accuracy in sales and volume metrics
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work or military experience
It’d be great if you also have:
- 2 years of professional sales experience
- 2 years of experience in transportation or Third-Party Logistics (3PL)
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.