We’re looking for an Account Executive to join our SMB team focused on selling analytic solutions to the manufacturing and CPG companies with revenues between $500M - $1.5B.
We’re seeking someone who is customer-obsessed and ready to walk into a room backed by 40 years of analytics innovation. We need someone who is passionate about building authentic relationships with our prospective and current manufacturing and CPG accounts. We’re seeking a problem-solver, disruptor, and someone who is ready to drive sales of our software products, solutions and services.
What you’ll do
- Sell software, solutions and services to current and prospective customers; work with other sales personnel to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within assigned territory.
- Fulfill a wide range of requests for information from prospective customers.
- Qualify level of opportunity and types of accounts.
- Prospect within a territory or account to uncover business needs.
- Implement aspects of territory and account management and development; identify accounts with high "close" potential, qualify, and forecast time frames to close business.
- Work closely with account managers and executives to facilitate timely responses to highly qualified, high revenue potential leads.
- Prepare standard quotations and proposal information as needed; work with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for services.
- Follow up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities.
- Develop a basic understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Travel 50% and/or as business needs require.
What we’re looking for
- Curiosity, passion, accountability, and authenticity. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, MIS, Manufacturing, CPG, or another relevant field.
- At least 5 years of experience in sales, marketing, or technical support of computer software solutions (including related training products and services), computer hardware, or telecommunications software/hardware.
- Specific manufacturing and/or CPG related experience may be considered in combination with the above requirements.
The nice to haves
- Evidence of quota attainment.
- Knowledge of SAS products, solutions and services preferred.
- Preferred location in the Midwestern or Eastern United States.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities needed
- Knowledge of basic sales techniques.
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills, good organizational skills.
- Have mastered basic sales techniques.
- Understand buying influences and cycles of software and hardware.
- Work well on your own and as part of a team.
- Accurately evaluate a territory and develop a strong sales plan.
- Connect technical and business concepts to SAS’ products and customer needs.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.