This is not a typical role, and we’ll tell you why …
WE Communications is a fiercely independent, global communications agency; we are trailblazers. We help our clients — over 100 companies worldwide in industries ranging from technology to consumer and healthcare — disrupt their markets and ignite new thinking through communications.
We work with some of the world’s biggest brands, greatest thinkers and most generous philanthropists.
We have an inclusive workplace where differing ideas, perspectives, experiences, lifestyles and cultures are embraced and respected. And we are focused on cultivating a culture that embraces risk and new points of view.
WE invest in our people, who are our greatest assets. And, we give our people the space and the resources they need to be amazing. We pride ourselves in providing the best place to work and grow careers.
WE is in a compelling position as we continue to diversify our client base globally. With that brings the need to expand the way we service our clients and our business in new and different ways – thinking creatively about how best to scale and how to bring the best of WE to our clients on a daily basis.
Where you come in …
We need a motivated, collaborative and program-oriented Business Operations Manager to help us grow our business even more successfully. Someone who can help empower our elite teams of communications professionals to develop and manage programs around client health & satisfaction, drive initiatives that support global client growth, and support ongoing talent management needs at the agency. The person will work with the current Business Operations lead and across agency functions such as finance, recruiting and account teams, along with working closely with the agency’s Chief Client Officer. This position is based in Seattle/Bellevue.
- Partner with agency and client leads to help execute global client health and engagement programs, including annual client satisfaction survey, new employee training, etc.
- Help analyze and keep pulse on customer experience trends including the development of new programs and approaches to stay out ahead in delivering above and beyond for our clients
- Create operational efficiencies that improve on the agency’s ability to deliver value and ROI
- Partner with agency leads to execute client on-boarding processes
- Partner with finance and IT teams to ensure compliance with procurement requirements of our large global clients, e.g., security and confidentiality compliance
- Be a connector across teams to highlight and share best practices across the organization
Global Connections and Growth
- Partner with agency leaders across the world to create and execute programs that support WE’s global growth efforts
- Help run the rhythm of business that connects global client leads – monthly calls, joint client plans, progress updates
- Facilitate check-points on progress against growth plans and actions
- Help manage the agency’s centralized temporary staffing team; focused on short term assignments across the agency’s client business
- As a part of this, help manage junior talent and support their career development at the agency; foster positive working experience and growth for junior talent
- Be the point person for the development of the agency’s network of communications contractors and vendor/partners; build out a program around our contractor strategy; host networking events. This includes screening new contractors, onboarding contractors, and working with internal stakeholders to identify needs in the contractor network
- Understand the talent landscape to help build the right pipeline of talent in partnership with our Talent Acquisition Team
- Combined 6+ years of experience in communications, PR, marketing, human resources or related discipline and/or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in a business strategy/operations or strategic planning role at a fast-growing and innovative company
- Experience influencing cross-functional business partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly explain complex issues to a range of audiences
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple, different projects
- Self-starter with an incredible work ethic and team first mentality
- Decisive and ability to push back constructively and consultatively when appropriate
- A tenacious drive to win and persistence to push beyond adversity to solve the most challenging problems
- Proven ability to develop great relationships with direct reports; relationships that are based on trust, commitment and engagement
- Strong organizational skills and high level of attention to detail
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- High EQ and capable of building strong relationships up, down, and sideways in the organization, coupled with humility and ability to adapt
Equal Opportunity Statement
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.