At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Account Manager has responsibilities to manage sales and Customer activities in his/her assigned territory. This individual is expected to achieve a maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within assigned territory by managing existing accounts and prospecting revenue opportunities.
- Utilize effective discovery questions to better understand our Customer needs, Value Drivers, and challenges in obtaining business results.
- Define STERIs IMS solutions in a way that differentiates STERIS IMS from our competitors.
- Develops and implements annual territory plan to drive pipeline and revenue targets
- Utilize STERIS IMS tools and resources to qualify new sales opportunities to ensure clarity and value of products and services.
- Utilize the Opportunity Plan process while working with new Customers and/or new products and services with existing Customers.
- Manage a territory, plan sales activities using good time management and prioritization skills.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for new business. Close deals independently or bring in the appropriate resources to maximize chances of gaining the business
Duties - cont'd
- Conduct quarterly/annual account reviews with each Customer.
- Update the STERIS IMS CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system as required to document Customer information, sales activities, purchase orders, etc.
- Create and deliver a quarterly business review to senior managers and colleagues.
- Plan and conduct regular educational sessions for Customers including in-service educational sessions, preventative maintenance inspections, inventories, and similar activities.
- Collect purchase orders within proscribed timeframes to ensure properly billing.
- Resolves all Customer service issues by partnering with the appropriate business representative.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 3 years successful sales experience (proven track record of achieving sales goals)
- Solid system skills (Microsoft Office, Sales/Customer tracking software packages).
- Valid drivers’ license with acceptable driving record.
- Must be available during common Customer hours, which can vary (might include evening and occasional weekend hours).
- Customer focused – ability to communicate with customers, understand their needs, meet their objectives and resolve any issues or problems (conflict mgmt. skills)
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues to identify customer needs
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated; ability to work with little to no supervision
- Adaptable – ability to be flexible in schedule and meet customer demands
- Able to work for long periods and in fast-paced environment
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize workloads
- Able to make decisions with little to no supervision
- Able to comply with company values demonstrating Customer focus, integrity, teamwork, professionalism and accountability
- Medical device/Service sales/B-to-B desirable preferred
- Industry certifications preferred (IAHCSMM, AORN, CCSVP, SGNA).
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.