This unique Account Manager role will work closely with a variety of teams supporting Microsoft's Corporate, External and Legal Affairs group to help ensure consistency and collaboration across teams, while ensuring clients' goals are met. The ideal candidate will have strong writing skills and be able to proactively make recommendations that take into consideration a variety of factors, subject matters and competing interests.
Exerience developing and managing social media campaigns, as well as creative owned content and storytelling skills are necessary. A desire to operate in a strategic project management capacity, with demonstrated project management and planning skills are a must for this role, as well as the ability to effectively collaborate across multiple people and groups.
- Manage and grow senior level client relationships to assure internal and external stakeholders alignment, by negotiating and managing client expectations and satisfaction
- Identify and drive digital/social media strategies; either standalone or as elements of communication plans
- Provide strategic counsel to key clients and serve as a trusted advisor on clients and competitors
- Build awareness and showcase capabilities, talent, and results internally and externally
- Serve as project manager across multiple groups
- Identify global, digital, and social communications trends; educate clients/agency in understanding the importance of social media engagement
- Assure internal and external stakeholders are aligned
- Serve as primary day-to-day contact with clients; proactively engage on issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field is preferred, or the equivalent knowledge and/or experience
- 4-5 + years of experience in integrated communications or PR, preferably in an agency setting and/or within an applicable industry; 3 + years of management experience required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with corporate image, issues/crisis management and strategic communications across multiple audience segments.
- Exceptional media relations background with demonstrated capacity of working with global business and policy press to manage story development.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel)
- High level of analysis and strategic recommendations based on industry knowledge
- High level of initiative; take accountability for role on projects
- Demonstrated creative and strategic mindset
- Has established editor and/or analyst relationships and has proactively placed stories
- Made presentations to groups of all sizes
- Client and business environment: Customer service orientation is a must. Job pressure may exist from requirement of handling multiple tasks
- Experience working globally or with colleagues in multiple locations
- Fast-paced team environment (frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.)
- Strong presentation and consulting skills along with the ability to read, write and speak English
- May need to work more than 40 hours per week on occasion
Equal Opportunity Statement
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.