Account Manager, Billing & Collections (
Job Number:328298 )
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
This position is responsible for the billing, collections and customer service for Global Casualty, ESIS and Casualty Risk Construction accounts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reduce aged receivables and unapplied cash by strictly following collections procedures with appropriate escalation. Calls and letters sent within guidelines.
- Effectively establish account parameters in SBS within 48 hours of receipt of documentation for accurate billing, financial recording, and revenue recognition.
- Work closely with business units and external clients to fully understand their needs and servicing requirements. Respond timely and accurately to all inquiries.
- Provide guidance and direction on optimal funding and payment methods to satisfy client needs, while maintaining corporate financial integrity and cash flow goals.
- Provide accurate departmental reporting within the required timeframe.
- Effectively negotiate account reconciliations to conclusion.
- Actively participate in special projects and system improvements. Participation can include writing business requirements, system testing, etc.
- Understand fundamentals of insurance, financial best practices, preferably in Casualty Insurance, Insurance Finance or ESIS products and services. B.S. degree preferred.
- Ability to work and solve problems independently; to seek and assimilate information regarding Global Casualty, ESIS and Casualty Risk Construction business from various sources.
- Excellent negotiation and verbal and written communication skills. Ability to deal with clients, brokers and Chubb's personnel in a professional, knowledgeable and courteous manner.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands and priorities.
- Displays initiative and accepts accountability.
- Adapt well to change and handle conflicts effectively.
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills.
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office products. Aptitude for learning new technology.
- Prior billing and/or collections experience preferred.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Posting- Jul 8, 2019, 8:54:14 PM