Come join our global team of dedicated professionals who through their extraordinary efforts demonstrate every day their commitment to our mission of improving the lives of patients. At Orthofix our culture is built around Integrity and the core beliefs we live by: Exceed Expectations, Work Together, Be Respectful, Get Lean and Have Fun! As an Orthofix employee, you will become an integral part of our culture by continually demonstrating the highest level of integrity and our beliefs while making an impact to our vision “To be a highly respected global orthopedic and spine company that delivers exceptional value to our patients, customers, team members, partners and shareholders."
Account Manager - Biologics
How you'll make a difference?
Position will be responsible for effectively representing Orthofix bone and tissue grafting technologies to smaller current and potential customers remotely; educating clinicians, hospital staff and other key decision makers on the value of Orthofix Biologic tissues and products.
What will be your Duties and Responsibilities?
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Proficiency and Conduct:
- Create relationships with potential customers remotely, manage sales process via constant telephone and email communications. Many times work in conjunction with direct and distributor sales force and strategic partners to generate revenue opportunities.
- Utilize distance learning techniques to educate clinicians, OR staff, hospital decision makers, sales representatives, etc.
- Maintaining our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and records to ensure Orthofix ’s information is accurate and timely.
- Regular communication with Biologics Regional Vice Presidents, Biologics Regional Managers, and field sales personnel to provide status and opportunity updates.
- Communicates directly with Sales teams, Finance, and Customer Service departments to aid in expediting the completion of new business.
- When applicable, assist outside sales and management with educational programs to advance representative and clinician learning such as evening speaker events, sales calls, case coverage or an in office/hospital in-service.
- Assist Biologics team, business partners and field sales teams with field operations, closing outstanding business and reconciling outstanding inventory through utilization of appropriate auto-generated reports.
- Assist with end-of-month support within assigned regions.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to follow-up on marketing initiatives: Follow-up remotely with marketing initiatives such as direct mailings and trade show leads to B or C accounts as defined by senior management.
- Create relationships with strategic partners to integrate sales resources.
What skills you'll need?
- Related medical experience calling on both physician offices and hospitals is a plus.
- 2 to 5 years experience in a sales or marketing environment with exposure to direct communications with customers.
- Completion of professional sales training or certification preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Sufficient computer skills to communicate through and present material to others with computer-based applications. (email, PowerPoint etc.)
- Demonstrate a high level of competitiveness and desire to succeed.
Nonessential Skills, Experience and Qualifications (not necessary but preferred):
- Preference for experience with Biologics or degree in science
- Preference for experience in orthopedic or spine surgery
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift and transport products, literature to customer sites repetitively throughout each day.
- Lifting capacity approximately 30 to 40 pounds.
- Travel by auto and plane up to 40%.
- Travel by auto and plane up to 60% during initial training period.
- Ability to use PC or laptop computer effectively.
- Eyesight and hearing must be correctable to standard level.
Orthofix complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Orthofix makes its employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, Orthofix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.