POSITION SUMMARY: The Account Manager is responsible for proactively maintaining and retaining relationships with existing customers for permanent commercial and industrial waste services in an assigned territory.
- Effectively maintains and retains existing customers by building effective long-term relationships and customer loyalty.
- Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, lines of business, pricing structures, and offers additional services as appropriate to assigned existing customers.
- Schedules and completes proactive customer calls and visits and captures key information in the Company’s information systems.
- Performs contractual re-signs on existing customers to extend customer relationship and increase customer profitability where appropriate.
- Responds to all cancellation requests in alignment with the established escalation policy.
- Proactively communicates with or responds to customers in support of Company pricing initiatives.
- Regularly meets with Sales Manager to review weekly customer retention and relationship activities, progress versus goals and status of key customer relationships.
- Partners with the operations team, when needed, to address customer services issues.
- Builds relationships and increases Company visibility through participation in Company-sponsored activities, trade shows, chamber of commerce events and other similar activities.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays a high level of self-esteem.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner.
- Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas.
- Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Excellent self-motivation skills; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive and has a strong desire to win; takes appropriate risks.
- Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
- Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help people.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- One year experience in a customer-facing role that includes identifying and addressing customer needs.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Valid driver’s license.