Persons in this position would be responsible for ensuring the highest level of customer service. The Account Manager will be responsible for customer inquiries, load solicitations and service reporting. Account Manager will provide leadership and direction to Account Manager Associate to ensure the best service to our customers.
1. Record details and direction on all loads booked for the assigned area.
2. Act as a substitute in the absence of Account Managers in other regions which is seamless and transparent to our customers.
3. Supervise and monitor trailer pools in the respected market.
4. Promptly secure loading and/or unloading appointments that optimize asset utilization and service expectations.
5. Communicate any problems encountered to the Regional Sales Director.
6. Aggressively pursue and expand knowledge of other positions and functions in an effort to broaden your own ability and scope as related to career development.
7. Maintain and monitor the service levels provided to Marten's customers as required and outlined by our Sales and Marketing department
8. Perform routine solicitations and follow up with designated accounts via person to person discussions as well as email and other electronic forms of communication.
9. Delegate duties and develop Account Manger Associates.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Daily interactions with customers, operations personnel, shippers, consignees, and sales.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to handle a fast pace work environment, ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at the same time, ability to solve problems efficiently, possess the character and communication skills necessary to build a positive relationship with our customers, computer experience necessary, Windows and Excel or similar programs, and a thorough understanding of Marten's overall marketing strategies.
Sitting for long periods, manual dexterity for data entry, stooping, bending for filing, light to moderate lifting, good listening and speaking ability, stamina.
Bachelor's degree in marketing or other related business major, or minimum 2 years in customer service field that included direct person to person relationship.