As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Reporting to the Director, Client Success, the Enterprise Account Manager is an active selling role out in front of the business driving programs and client engagement while simultaneously driving the internal conversations related to large, multi-faceted, integrated programs. The Account Manager serves an integral role in securing, maintaining, and growing Vox Advertising revenue through superior client strategy ideation, proposal development, campaign management, and customer service. Enterprise AMs service the entire campaign lifecycle and own all aspects of a program once the program closes.
This is a high-energy position, requiring proven capability and experience in the Account Manager domain, deep digital, social, and mobile expertise, and the ability to work flexibly and collaboratively with internal teams and senior management to achieve advertiser and company objectives. This Account Manager will align with Account Directors who manage Beauty Brands and Media & Entertainment categories.
What you’ll do:
- In partnership with Account Director (Seller), the Account Manager, Enterprise, serves as existing day-to-day manager of running business and directs execution of business activities and campaign management for top tier customers and expertly partners with internal teams to do so.
- Focus on the entire sales cycle, driving RFP responses with internal teams as well as delivering flawless execution, showcasing performance, and positioning additional revenue opportunities.
- Earn the confidence first and foremost of seller(s) and sales management, and also other internal stakeholders across the revenue organization (creative strategy, revenue operations, ad operations, Vox Creative production, and more).
- Partner with Sales, Strategist, and Solutions Planner in pre-sales engagement work including developing proposals and campaign strategies that tie directly to client objectives and desired outcomes.
- Handle agency relationships from Associate Media Director down in pre and post-sale and embody a level of comfort in handling a variety of different large, complex integrated brand programs at one time.
- Lead pertinent client presentations (ex: internal and external kick-off meetings, wrap decks) and actively participate in client presentations.
- Expertly operate all revenue outcomes; a revenue defender combatting under-delivery and revenue slippage. Campaign management and revenue management wizard.
- Utilize performance data and insights to strategize, position, and sell through upsell, incremental, and renewal opportunities.
- Drive as an Internal client advocate, effectively communicating client KPIs, what the client cares about, what will make the customer happy, motivations behind any individual RFP, campaign, insight request, and more.
What you'll bring:
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills to deliver customer-focused solutions.
- Flexibility to maintain focus through change and drive amid ambiguity.
- Focus, accountability and teamwork to everything you do.
- Solution and outcome-oriented approach.
- Strategic thinking and storytelling, you’ll step back from the day-to-day to see the
- bigger picture.
- 2 years of Account Management or related business experience, preferably with an
- agency or publisher.
- Expert knowledge of the digital media sales process and a background in media
- planning and major account management.
- Experience working with Operative, Prisma, comScore and Google Ad Manager a plus.
- Willingness to travel as necessary.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.