At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brandsincluding Club Car , Ingersoll Rand , Thermo King , Trane , American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Job Summary This position is responsible for driving theCustomer Center equipment sales and service activity. Traveling in a definedgeographic area, this includes quoting, strategizing, prospecting, anddeveloping relationships to achieve revenue targets, maximize profits, increasemarket share and maintain customer loyalty while achieving organizational goals
1)GenerateRevenue - Responsible for generating sales of equipment, service contracts, andservice offerings with our direct end users and partners selling to a definedcustomer base within a geographic area. Develop existing customer baseand secure new, competitive accounts to expand IR presence in the market.Provide and design compressed air solutions to fulfill industrial customerneeds. Products include compressed air equipment, accessories, turnkeyinstallations, service contracts, parts, service, rental equipment and energyaudits. Keep current with all product knowledge, industry standards andtraining needed. Execute strategy for continuous improvement and exceedingcustomer satisfaction. Achieve all assigned sales targets. Customer basewithin Chicagoland area.
2) Develop People Capabilities - Provide selling skills and product/servicestraining for dealer sales personnel (as required) as well as personnel within
customercenter. Partner with services team to best understand products and services andsatisfy and anticipate customers needs.
3) Manage Cash - Ensure that all orders obtained are error-free with correctcustomer documentation. Ensure resolution of all customer disputes. Manage allcosts associated with selling efforts, including travel and entertainmentexpenditures.
4) Ensure adherence to safety rules (vehicle safety, customer site safety) inthe field, as well as in the customer center.
5) Earn Customer loyalty by collaborating cross functionally. Leverage bestsupport for customers by partnering with service team to help troubleshootcustomer issues or offer unique solutions.
6) Maintain Customer Relationship Management database including face-to-facecustomer interactions, assets, agreements, contacts, and opportunities in ordermanagement system. Record order follow-up activities (e.g. delivery), reportingrequirements (email) and database requirements. Provide feedback on marketconditions. Responsible for driving and tracking sales pipeline of all accountactivity and daily reporting.
- Bachelors Degree required or 4 years equivalent working experience Engineering Degree preferred
- Minimum of 4 years experience in an industrial sales business setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office computer applications required
Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
DUI in the previous 5 years
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless/Careless Driving, or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills, including verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Establishes and builds solid relationships with customers, key institutions and team members
- Honest, self-motivated and team oriented.
- Able to work within a team environment and independently.
- Mechanical and electrical expertise required.
- Ability to assess customer needs, analyze and interpret, perform basic equipment performance calculations, and to recommend technical solutions
- Tech savvy; knowledge of Salesforce preferred
- Proven business and sales acumen, including the ability to prospect accounts, effectively navigate within a customer organization, value sell, and win competitive accounts
- Must have excellent prioritization and time management skills
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progressfor bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operatethen you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: ELMHURST-Illinois
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jan 4, 2020, 12:09:42 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.