The Account Manager, Global Sales is responsible for profitably managing Global Client accounts by proactively ensuring client satisfaction, retention and increasing revenue. The Account Manager, Global Sales will report to the Director, Global Sales.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Act as the key contact for Global clients, understand customer’s needs and goals, and create and execute a strategy that aligns the PSAV resources and solutions that solve customer issues.
- Serve as the leader of an account team for the entire organization to plan and drive YOY revenue growth, increased profit and revenue, and new business growth.
- Create and execute customer touch plans to further penetrate the account. This includes being able to secure customer appointments and execute sales calls, customer business reviews, and action plans to identify and secure both short and long term revenue opportunities.
- Ensure each account shows consistent progress of PSAV moving from vendor status through desired role of trusted advisor and moving up the buy/sell hierarchy by consistently establishing and delivering on our Core Value Proposition.
- Ensure compliance and consistent execution of any customer agreements across the organization’s executing divisions.
- Maintain timely and consistent customer reporting, delivery, and communication of key requirements.
- Engage customers at key live events, understand customer’s industry trends and associations, and build a network that continues to establish credibility, rapport, and opportunities to engage customers.
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual quotas.
- Actively manage account pipeline throughout the entire organization for all PSAV services including core audio visual services, power, rigging, HSIA, digital services and all offerings PSAV provides to clients.
- Identify and develop an account plan based to increase revenue for all accounts while managing compliance, profitability, and revenue channel development.
Operational and Technical Support
- Communicate the technical needs of each program effectively to clients and internal partners.
- Review quotes to ensure compliance with MSA agreements and PSAV Policy.
- Utilize software tools including diagrams, proposals, renderings, CAD drawings and related technical material to sell programs to clients while managing budget and exceeding customer expectations.
- Understand PSAV’s suite of technical services, product offerings, and servicing divisions and communicate the customer’s needs cross functionally.
Information Management, Reporting, and Company Support
- Work closely with PSAV internal contacts to realize account objectives and act on resolving customer experience and internal issues.
- Identify and assign PSAV team members including senior leadership on the buy/sell hierarchy for key accounts.
- Monitor and maintain accurate and timely compass activity data entry, billing records, show evaluations, customer surveys, monthly or quarterly reporting, and any other information on assigned accounts requested by management in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Minimum 5+ years of Audio Visual/Technical sales and/or Sales Management industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree desirable
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Ability to create technically and/or logistically complex proposals
- Ability to create and execute a strategic customized account plan
- Experience in networking targeted customers at industry events
- Experience working within a team environment to over-deliver on desired results
- Experience with high-level (Director or above) contract negotiations and the ability to successfully navigate complex organizations
- Excellent computer skills including all Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with the use of customer relationship database
- Experience with creating and executing presentations using PowerPoint and/or other forms of media
- Strong written and oral communication skills needed to draft sales presentations, and effectively solicit business via phone and face to face customer contact, as well as through tradeshow and industry events
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- In depth understanding of the meetings and event technology industries
- Desire and ability to travel within the United States or abroad
- Sales Proficiency
- Exceeds Customer Expectations
- Concern for Quality
- Results Orientation
- Relationship Management
- Interpersonal Organization
- Expeditious and Punctual
Team members must be able to meet the physical demands above in order to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequency options consist of: Continuously, Frequently, Occasionally and Never.
Hours Per Day
Lifting 0 - 15 lbs*
Lifting 16 50 lbs*
Lifting 51 - 100 lbs
Lifting Over 100 lbs
Carrying 0 - 15 lbs*
Reaching (above your head)
Carrying 16 50 lbs*
Carrying 51 - 100 lbs
Carrying Over 100 lbs
Pushing/Pulling 0 - 15 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling 16 50 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling 51 - 100 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling Over 100 lbs
*Identifies the physical requirements that team members perform without assistance.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based in an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.