Job Title: Account Manager I - Fort Worth, TX
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Account Manager I (AM I) position is an entry level sales position responsible for meeting Customerneeds in smaller cities/regions of the country. The AM has responsibilities to manage sales and Customer activities in his/her assigned territory. Expected to achieve a maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within assigned territory by managing existing accounts and prospecting revenue opportunities.
- Utilize effective discovery questions to better understand our Customer needs, Value Drivers, and challenges in obtaining business results.
- Define STERIS IMS solutions in a way that differentiates STERIS IMS from our competitors.
- Utilize STERIS IMS tools and resources to qualify new sales opportunities to ensure clarity and value of products and services.
- Utilize the Opportunity Plan process while working with new Customers and/or new products and services with existing Customers.
- This role works directly with a Corporate Sales Representative. Incumbents spend the majority of their time in the field with new/exiting Customers to service accounts and identify the potential for new business. Incumbents collaborate with internal Corporate Sales colleagues to prospect new business and set up appointments with Customers.
- Quote and close new business
- Responsible for providing the following in accounts in territory:
- Quarterly Business Review
- Practive Maintenance Inspections
- Departmental Evaluatins
- In Services
- 1 CMS in Ft. Lauderdale and 1 in Birmingham a year
Duties - cont'd
- Updates the STERIS IMS CRM system as required to document Customer information, sales activities, purchase orders, and other information required by the Company
- Performs Scope Audits/OR Evaluations which is an evaluation performed for Customers on best practices in caring for and maintaining scopes
- May be required to pick up scopes or other instruments and/or make arrangements for pick up/repair
- Collects POs within prescribed timeframe so that business can be properly billed
- Resolves basic Customer service issues such as tracking down delayed repairs, billing issues, etc.
- Escalates more serious Customer issues.
- Identifies and relays information about larger business opportunities that would be better handled by a more senior sales person
- Works with on location team, regional product managers, KAT, and all teams to service the customers properly.
- Obtain and maintain required industry certifications within one year of hire, including AORN vendor certification, SGNA vendor certification, and/or IAHCSMM certification.
- Begins to develop relationships with chapters of local industry groups and Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs).
- Incumbents hired into the role are expected to have the desire and drive to progress by pro-actively learning our Products, Customer and industry.
- High School Diploma or GED
- High School Diploma/GED required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-2 years professional work experience; preferably in Customer Service or Sales,
- Able to travel as needed
- Demonstrated knowledge of software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM)
- Must be willing to travel to assigned geography which may cross multiple states. Geographic mobility preferred.
- Position requires working vehicle compliant with Company requirements which includes certain levels of insurance and a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Must possess working Smart phone (allowance will be provided)
- No objection to GPS tracking (will be on phone or vehicle)
- Required to work non standard hours that can vary to meet Customer needs (weekends, evening)
- Customer focused – ability to communicate with customers, understand their needs, meet their objectives and resolve any issues or problems (conflict mgmt. skills)
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues to identify customer needs
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated; ability to work with little to no supervision
- Adaptable – ability to be flexible in schedule and meet customer demands
- Able to work for long periods and in fast-paced environment
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize workloads
- Able to make decisions with little to no supervision
- Able to comply with company values demonstrating Customer focus, integrity, teamwork, professionalism and accountability
STERIS is a $2B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Arlington Texas
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Account Manager, Medical, Manager, Inspector, Sales, Healthcare, Management, Quality