CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
CenturyLink is a customer focused, cutting edge IT Solutions company that is driven to exceed our customers’ expectations and needs. We are currently seeking an Account Manager I to join the SMB organization. In this role, you will be a part of an entrepreneurial team, responsible for managing account relationships within existing and/or prospective customers; allowing you the ability to develop long term & consultative relationships. You will have experience working within multiple systems and with various teams to provide end to end service on all customer inquiries or challenges. This individual will have previous success selling complex technology solutions and experience with Voice Communications, Data Networking, Managed Hosting, IP and equipment.
Sound Interesting? Here are some specifics:
- Must be able to execute with a high level of service in a challenging and ever-changing environment.
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined and thrive on uncovering customer needs.
- Must have demonstrated success in a quota bearing capacity.
- Must possess the energy, determination and service attitude required to translate daily customer interactions into new revenue.
- Must possess the ability to analyze, comprehend, and translate numbers and reporting into actionable plans to meet or exceed monthly revenue quota.
- Weekly business reporting and accurate documentation of sales activity are required.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to develop and deliver meaningful and concise presentations to any audience.
- Acquire and integrate industry knowledge related to general trends, emerging technologies, & competitors.
- Use a consultative sales approach to understand customer’s business needs, issues, strategies and priorities to deliver a value-adding business solution.
- Manage and develop sales funnel and proactively monitor sales activity against assigned quota.
What you will need to succeed:
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent education and experience. Typically, with 2-4 years of outside Business to Business technology sales experience in ‘named’ accounts.
- Proficiency with Sales Force, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
- Successful completion of Sales Professional Assessment.
What will make you stand out:
- Familiar with local marketplace, companies and community in geography stated above.
- Demonstrated stable track record of success in a quota bearing role, with 2-3 years consecutive, successful sales experience within one company within the last 5 years.
- Advanced degree is preferred.
Below are some Benefit Highlights on what CenturyLink has to offer:
- We offer a broad range of health and welfare benefits including Medical/Prescription Drug, Dental Vision and Disability. We also have flexible spending and Health Savings Accounts, Life Insurance options and Financial Planning for the future.
- Our Wellness Programs are outstanding. Well Connected helps employees take charge of health resources – tools and tips on eating right, getting healthier, losing weight and managing stress.
- We have a Commuter Spending Account option which allows employees to make before-tax contributions during the year to reimburse transportation expenses throughout the year.
- Voluntary Lifestyle Benefits which include Accident Insurance, Cancer Program, Critical Illness Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance and a Legal Plan.
- We also have several engagement initiatives that we have rolled out over the last few years which include the following:
- Paid Maternity leave for 12 weeks paid
- Parental leave for 4 weeks paid
- Milk Stork for nursing mothers
- Extended Bereavement Leave from 3 days to 10 days for immediate family members, paid – up to 30 days off unpaid.
- Survivor Benefits – if something happens to the employee, their spouse continues to get the pay and benefits for 6 months
- Focus on You – a personal goal for the year 2019 to focus on yourself
Alternate Location: US-California-Irvine
Requisition #: 220728
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.