The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The Transnorm Group is an acquisition completed by Honeywell in November 2018. Transnorm is a producer of conveyor equipment modules and solutions, used in airside baggage handling and screening systems, distribution and fulfillment centers in retail and post/parcel. Transnorm has built a valuable brand and has been a reliable partner for system integrators and end users for over 50 years.
For our North American Business to expand coverage in the airport Baggage Handling Segment (BHS) we wish to hire an additional;
Account Manager – Airports
This is an outside sales position with focus on selling Transnorm offerings to integrators and installers of airport baggage handling systems and solutions. Some interface and account development activities are also required at airport locations or with airport management groups across the NA region to ensure Transnorm equipment is preferred.
You will work closely with people at all levels across the customer organization to prospect, qualify, and close business with new and existing accounts. You will manage an annual quota with multi-year sales cycle. Within Transnorm you will align the target sales activity with the company's overall strategy and goals. You will apply your leadership skills to get the job done on time and to the satisfaction of the customer.
• Build upon existing network of contacts with the customer base and establish an expanded network of key decision makers and influencers by organizing face to face customer visits and also attending trade shows and industry events.
• Engage customers and prospect at various touch points along the Automated Baggage Handling System value chain
• Diligently and intelligently uncover new business opportunities for Transnorm products and solutions and pass on appropriate up-sell and cross-sell opportunities within the organisation.
• Ensure that Transnorm has opportunity to bid on new business opportunities in a timely manner and communicate appropriate solution and commercial strategy (Price, Warranty, Service) within the organisation. Manage bids from discovery to request, bid to award through SalesForce.com CRM system.
• Utilize SalesForce.com to log and track projects and opportunities and improve the tools and processes to generate quotes, offers and business proposals which meet the company guidelines and schedule of approvals.
• Hold quarterly business reviews at major customers, communicate progress against targets and goals.
• Develop demand plan and orders/sales forecasts for assigned accounts and communicate effectively to operations as part of monthly SIOP process.
• Interface for cross selling and cross business sales opportunities through other divisions in the Honeywell SPS and wider organisation.
+ Engineering/Technical and/or business qualification (University/College) or desired skills and experience
+ 5+ years of experience in sales or account management and working knowledge and understanding of competitive bidding, contract negotiations and contract award processes.
+ Must be able to travel to customers and end user locations
+ Experience in Material Handling or Machine Controls market would be an asset including with equipment such as: conveyors, controllers, sorters, chutes, in picking, sorting, routing, retrieving, consolidating, diverting and singulation systems.
+ Ability to solve problems and see situations through the eyes of the customer.
+ Curiosity about technology and how problems are solved, self-confidence to be able to win influence and support, humility to listen and learn continuously.
+ Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
+ Being the person customers trust to get things done and deliver.
+ Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
+ Ability to work day to day with Microsoft office suite, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.